[EXPIRED] blemished/scratched, scuffed m43 Lens

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by newfie, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newfie

newfie Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Jan 15, 2015
    Canada
    Ian
    I just bought an epm2 from a fellow member and my 5 yr old daughter will be inheriting my epm1 body (a nice upgrade from her sesame st camera). I need a lens for her, anything autofocus and small will do fine. Being that she's learning and prone to dropping things, condition is not important, price however, is:)
    Here are a couple of pics she took of her brother with the sesame st camera. I actually think they're pretty good, but all Dad's would say that.. PICT0051.JPG

PICT0142.JPG PM me the details and thanks!

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I don't have a lens, and you may have other plans, but I got my young ones used, cheap Oly tough cameras for like $150. They are waterproof too, and the kids loved using them in the pool, around the sprinkler, etc. Just an idea.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

About the only one you are going to get for dirt cheap is one of the kit 14-42 zooms. Personally, I think a 17mm f2.8 or Sigma 19mm f2.8 would be ideal and not terribly expensive, but still probably low $100s.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tkbslc

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Just had one more thought = what about a 15mm BCL set at a nice medium hyperfocal distance? She'd never have to focus, the lens would cost 40 bucks and it would suck indoors, but not as bad as a toy camera.

Eh, a kit lens would probably be better. Just thinking out loud.

5. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

Jan 30, 2014
    My vote goes go 17mm f/2.8 as you can find those brand new sometimes at 99€ and so on as used one somewhere 50€ range. Great as it is sharp, good indoors, small and gives manual focus and close focus distance is enough, that can be later improved with extension tube that makes it great for outdoor use.
    Only minus I give for it is the focus noise it does. While it should be movie compatible (silent focus), it moves focus on subject and then locks to it by doing small hunt when CDAF kicks in and generate small annoying noise.

Love that one, why I bought such as new. While many say it is not sharp etc etc, my unit is a sharp enough. It is my "feeling" objective as it makes E-M1 a pocket camera.

It has bad side effect although, and it is that it makes wish to get f/1.8 model too.

6. Fri13

Fri13 Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

Jan 30, 2014
    I would give 15mm BCL for outdoor use. Bought that for LoMo use myself and after it that 17mm f/2.8.

7. newfie

newfie Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Jan 15, 2015
    Canada
    Ian
    that's actually a good idea

8. newfie

newfie Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Jan 15, 2015
    Canada
    Ian
    thanks for all your great advice folks. I must say, after some testing... the whole setup seems a little advanced for her. lens caps, focus etc. Her sesame st camera is literally just "point and shoot". I don't want to take the fun out of it for her:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. tkbslc

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

You can pick up real brand name point and shoot cameras for under $50 used (or new sometimes). Those might be easier. The problem with a toy camera is that a 5 year can tell that all the pictures are turning out blurry and awful. A real camera is at least capable of good results, even if not m43

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.