Bleeding Hearts

Discussion in 'Nature' started by usayit, May 10, 2011.

1. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I dropped my budget macro setup consisting of a cheap Samsung GX-1L and it landed right on the mounted flash... :-( The flash and lens (Tamron 90mm adaptall Macro) survived but camera didn't. Tore the hot shoe right off and the inner display is non-functioning. Oh well.... $200 lasted a good 4 years.. I would have preferred to have lost the cheap ring flash instead.

So I decided to give it a shot on the G1. With the lens stopped down to my typical f/11-f/13, I can barely focus and manually opening/closing the aperture via the ring was a PITA... so I gave up (what do you all do?). I tried my Tamron 90mm with the 1:1 converter several times... just wasn't working for me.

So I headed to the display cabinet and pulled out my old M42 Takumar SMC 50mm Macro. These Takumars have the "Auto-Manual" switch that makes it easier to focus and stop down to a preset aperture. Woohoo.. Kid was napping so I gave it a few shots in the backyard.

<a href="" title="P1030529 by usayit_2000, on Flickr"> 5708822856_7daa23f199_b. "1024" height="684" alt="P1030529"></a>

Overall, I still feel its not ideal to shoot adapted macro with EVF because of the small apertures. The rotating LCD display was REALLY nice.. for those really down low positions. I still had fun.
    • Like Like x 1