1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Bleeding Hearts

Discussion in 'Nature' started by usayit, May 10, 2011.

1. I dropped my budget macro setup consisting of a cheap Samsung GX-1L and it landed right on the mounted flash... :-( The flash and lens (Tamron 90mm adaptall Macro) survived but camera didn't. Tore the hot shoe right off and the inner display is non-functioning. Oh well.... $200 lasted a good 4 years.. I would have preferred to have lost the cheap ring flash instead.

So I decided to give it a shot on the G1. With the lens stopped down to my typical f/11-f/13, I can barely focus and manually opening/closing the aperture via the ring was a PITA... so I gave up (what do you all do?). I tried my Tamron 90mm with the 1:1 converter several times... just wasn't working for me.

So I headed to the display cabinet and pulled out my old M42 Takumar SMC 50mm Macro. These Takumars have the "Auto-Manual" switch that makes it easier to focus and stop down to a preset aperture. Woohoo.. Kid was napping so I gave it a few shots in the backyard.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/23601399@N05/5708822856/" title="P1030529 by usayit_2000, on Flickr"> 5708822856_7daa23f199_b. "1024" height="684" alt="P1030529"></a>

Overall, I still feel its not ideal to shoot adapted macro with EVF because of the small apertures. The rotating LCD display was REALLY nice.. for those really down low positions. I still had fun.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.