Black Pancake ???

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Does anyone know why Olympus does not produce the 17mm pancake in black. The 14-42 is available in black, and so are the 2 new lenses to be released shortly. I'm sure it won't be long before i buy an E-P2, but would much prefer the pancake to be black. :confused:

John.

jalbuke

New to Mu-43
Does anyone know why Olympus does not produce the 17mm pancake in black. The 14-42 is available in black, and so are the 2 new lenses to be released shortly. I'm sure it won't be long before i buy an E-P2, but would much prefer the pancake to be black. :confused:

John.
Hello,
I just got the following email from Olympus, Japan, regarding a 17mm pancake in black.

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in the Olympus
Micro Four Thirds system products.

While appreciating your interest, there is not information available
that a M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 17mm F2.8 of black color version will be
released under present circumstances.

Your opinion on the color will be, however, passed on to our
department concerned as voice of the customer for our future reference.

We hope for your continued support for Olympus products.

Thank you.

Best regards,

M. Higa
Customer Support Center
OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. Tokyo, Japan

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi jalbuke.

Thanks for taking the trouble to e-mail Olympus, pity the reply was a bit of a nonentity. :frown:

Cheers, John

vincechu

Mu-43 Regular
Hi John,

Have you tried the black panasonic 20mm? I got mine yesterday and it's amazing - very sharp and of course quick with its f1.7 aperture, I'd recommend one to you if you're looking for a pan cake lens.

It goes amazingly well with my G1 :)

Take care,

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi John,

Have you tried the black panasonic 20mm? I got mine yesterday and it's amazing - very sharp and of course quick with its f1.7 aperture, I'd recommend one to you if you're looking for a pan cake lens.

It goes amazingly well with my G1 :)

Take care,
Hi Vince.

Had the Pany 20mm since Xmas, when i bought my GF1, and like a lot of other folks, it's my favorite lens :wink:

John.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom