1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Black or Silver?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by xdayv, Apr 28, 2012.

1. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    If you are getting (or have gotten) an E-M5, what will it be - black or silver? why?

(I'm still in a dilemma which one to go) :biggrin:

2. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 29, 2011
    Black. Because everyone knows that black cameras take sharper pictures...

• Like Like x 2
  3. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Yeah... black is sharper!

Since I'll be buying used I'll get whichever is available at a price I like.

Fred

• Like Like x 1
  4. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Black, definitely! To me, there's something about the silver that just looks wrong. I've got the black and it looks great. I don't like the finish on the leather/plastic on the silver, and would be wary about the silver finish rubbing off over time..... but that's just me. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The black ones are more available right now. I looked high and low for a silver one and finally found one. I actually think the black one is better looking, but I bought a silver one because I think it looks better with silver lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  6. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    the more i look at the posts, black looks stealthy... but yet the silver is also beautiful, more retro looking.

7. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Silver for me....... and I don't mind waiting, I am still learning the E-PL1....

8. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I think the silver looks good, but I'd want to see it in person to be sure. Anyone mind sending me one for an inspection...?

9. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Dave
    The only thing that holds me is that I want another Panasonic body to go with the G3, I like to deal with similar RAW files, and menus.

Resist I must.

10. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    The black is more available.
    Of course, those who bought black will say that the black is more beautiful.
    Those who bought silver will say the same thing.
    Im not sure if those who have the black sees the silver in person. Vice versa.

I've seen both in person before I bought mine. And for me they are both master piece. Both are thing of beauty.

I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

I bought the silver one. I love the two tone look of it. And for me, the silver looks better with silver and black lenses.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Here's a mouseover for those who want to compare high-res directly:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7121/7134006111_e68f8c326d_b.jpg" rsrc="https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/6987922048_0b8403d5ed_b.jpg">

Both really nice looking to me!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    wait, you found one?!? no fair!

Silver here. Desperately trying to not cave for the black 14-42 kits that seem to leak out. I just prefer it with the combination of black and silver lenses I have. And the nostalgic look.

13. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
    I got my Silver in today. I wanted silver so bad I ended up getting it from a member here and paying a bit extra. Well worth it!

14. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It isn't in my hands yet, but I paid for it and they said it would ship. Took me a ton of calling around. Finally found one at Shutterbug in San Jose, CA. They didn't want to ship, but the manager finally agreed to it. I had to pay $90 tax and $50 for UPS ground shipping, but if it gets here soon that will be worth it to me.

15. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Silver
    Saw them both in person, it's perdier
    Also will immediately rip the black skin off and replace with a rich brown instead

- Eliot

16. rstrader

rstrader Mu-43 Regular

Apr 12, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Black for me. I'm almost tired of waiting for Olympus and am tempted to order a black body with a 12-42 kit lens. It would be my third one! :eek:

17. KellyinPA

KellyinPA Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2011
    Can anybody comment on the texture of the leather-like grip? Which is more comfortable in the hand? Thanks.

18. mackloon

mackloon New to Mu-43

Feb 25, 2012
    How does the grip vary between models? Is one easier to hold, harder to slip. Not talking about the hld - 6.

19. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Silver is easier to hold, Silver is da Sexy, Silver is faster, Silver takes better images, The cool hepcats and kittens dig the Silver, Silver gets way gone daddy-o.

end/thread

• Like Like x 1
  20. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    The black/silver one :biggrin: