Black or silver GX7?

Steven

Mu-43 All-Pro
Which one do you think looks better? I always thought silver top is more classy but now leaning toward all black . Really like the fact that even the shutter button is black. Could some owners share their long term impressions? :smile: Thanks.

Durtball

Mu-43 Rookie
I just got the silver, think I should have bought a black one. If I had I would be wanting a silver one..,human nature. Solve the problem by buying both!

oldracer

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Which one do you think looks better? I always thought silver top is more classy but now leaning toward all black . Really like the fact that even the shutter button is black. Could some owners share their long term impressions? :smile: Thanks.
Speaking for myself, the "look" is not too important, though I slightly prefer black despite the probability of brassing. I have one of each so it's easy to grab the one with the lens I want and so if one is screwing up it's easy to remember which one.

m4/3boy

Mu-43 Veteran
The price for the GX7 keeps dropping. Very tempted to purchase one this week.

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
I had to settle for the silver one as that was all anyone had in stock at the time I was buying mine, did get it for the new lower price though (£599) in the Uk.

Must admit I do rather like the silver retro look but would have preferred it if they fitted the black lens as standard as the silver version makes the lens look cheap.

Paul

Tinderbox (UK)

Mu-43 Regular
Did you get the free lens offer, i am waiting for my free 45-150 to be delivered :)

John.

I had to settle for the silver one as that was all anyone had in stock at the time I was buying mine, did get it for the new lower price though (£599) in the Uk.

Must admit I do rather like the silver retro look but would have preferred it if they fitted the black lens as standard as the silver version makes the lens look cheap.

Paul

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Nope not yet, I applied over a month ago and today got a letter from them saying I didn't supply the scan of the box bar code, which is really annoying because I know I did :( .

Sent it again via both e.mail and post today. I suppose I will be waiting another month for it to show up now.

Paul

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
If you have many silver lenses, then the silver. Otherwise, the black!

excman

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jorgen
Bought my GX7 and MD 5 in silver version. The reason was that my first M43, GX1, was in black and I saw that after a short time was the black paint worn off in several places. It seemed "used" pretty quickly. Silver version is more resilient to daily use and retains its good looking.

daum

Mu-43 Veteran
The silver looks nice but the camera is too modern looking so i think the black looks best.

Top Bottom