1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Black Olympus PEN E-PL1 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 14-42mm Lens -Factory Demo

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Blake, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Blake

Blake New to Mu-43

Dec 31, 2011
  2. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    Back in stock for $229.

3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I just recently purchased one of the kits for my sister-in-law and everything looked new. The packaging wasn't as nice as new kits come in, but I can live with that for the price.:biggrin:

One thing to be aware of is Olympus only provides a 90-day warranty. The balance of the year is provided by Cameta. No problem to me, but some people may be put off by this.

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I currently have and use a Panasonic G1. I shoot in raw only ever since i took a couple digital Photography course last year, mostly to learn to process raw files in Light room. The professors stress the teaching of three things. Using all manual settings, shooting in raw and teach how to utilize the Lightroom program, and leave you to figuring out your camera; which for people with a strong background in film photography, like me that already understand Photography and the camera settings, is great.

I didn't get the Panasonic G1 because of the great Raw files; I purchased it because of the built in EVF and the ability to use all my Prime legacy lenses, and the cheep price. Later read people saying it had better Raw files so i guess I lucked out.
    Lately i have a few occasions that i wish i could record video, but i cant justify spending a lot of money on an upgrade just for that.

Now that i see this camera at this price i am wondering if i should get this just to use for the occasional video. But i already Have the M.Zuiko 14-42mm MkII lens with hood, so i don't necessarily need this body with a lens, wish i had the Panny version with OIS. I would say this MkI kit lens is worth 60 USD even tho it sells on the FleBay for more, but i haven't seen the E-PL1 Body sell for sixty less than this offer on any other camera shop sites .. This kit offer posted would be at the limit of my budget right now.
    I am wondering if i should look around more , or buy a used Body on the FleaBay for much less. I mean i could just get this for my mom and then borrow(grab) it whenever I need to make a video i guess, isn't mothers-day soon?
    Also what would be a good price to offer or max bid on a used E-PL1 body if that's a better way to go?

5. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Oh well i guess i missed out on this. For those that maybe were thinking about responding to my last question since i posted it, don't worry, you don't have to respond. I don't think ill find one at that price with all that now. A used body only too is not selling for too much less, so i think ill just forget about getting one.