1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Black O-MD E-M5 body

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by tryinginvain, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I need to add some background. First, I wish I'd found this forum before as there are some good deals here! I just registered a few minutes ago.

I had an epl1 and sold it about a month ago and have been waiting for my pre-order to come in. I ordered from Henrys in Canada. I've been going crazy waiting and called 2 days ago and was told it would be at least 3 weeks. I figured it might be longer given recent delays. So, yesterday I caved and bought an epl3 refurb from Cameta through Amazon. It shipped today - pretty decent price with the 17mm.

So today I get a "shipped" email for my OMD. Keeping both is out of the question so I can't keep the OMD. its scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I'll probably be at work so wont get it until Friday. I would prefer to find someone in Ottawa who wants it to meet in person and do the transaction face to face.

I think the total with taxes is about $1130 for the body only but it's not on my cc statement on line yet. That's what I'm looking for - not looking for above retail.

I'd rather help someone out than return it. I don't mind keeping the cc points either! I'm not crazy about shipping it but if I can't find someone local I might consider it. Obviously you'd pay the shipping. I don't want paypal so it would have to be someone in Canada with interac money transfer - but like I said I'd rather just meet someone locally. I would like to hold it and get a feel for it but I'm not going to charge the battery and use it.....that would be torture. I will probably end with one in the future if I don't wait for next generation.

And, since I have the 14mm & the 25mm I will probably sell the 17mm when it comes with my epl3 but that wont be until late next week. I guess I'll have to deal with shipping & paypal for that....

Sorry for the long post but since it's my first here I thought I should explain the situation.

Thanks,
    Carson

2. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I have it at home now - does anyone want it? BNIB black body - $1130 CAD pickup in Ottawa.

I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the epl3 but I can't keep both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.