1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Black O-MD E-M5 body

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by tryinginvain, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I need to add some background. First, I wish I'd found this forum before as there are some good deals here! I just registered a few minutes ago.

I had an epl1 and sold it about a month ago and have been waiting for my pre-order to come in. I ordered from Henrys in Canada. I've been going crazy waiting and called 2 days ago and was told it would be at least 3 weeks. I figured it might be longer given recent delays. So, yesterday I caved and bought an epl3 refurb from Cameta through Amazon. It shipped today - pretty decent price with the 17mm.

So today I get a "shipped" email for my OMD. Keeping both is out of the question so I can't keep the OMD. its scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I'll probably be at work so wont get it until Friday. I would prefer to find someone in Ottawa who wants it to meet in person and do the transaction face to face.

I think the total with taxes is about $1130 for the body only but it's not on my cc statement on line yet. That's what I'm looking for - not looking for above retail.

I'd rather help someone out than return it. I don't mind keeping the cc points either! I'm not crazy about shipping it but if I can't find someone local I might consider it. Obviously you'd pay the shipping. I don't want paypal so it would have to be someone in Canada with interac money transfer - but like I said I'd rather just meet someone locally. I would like to hold it and get a feel for it but I'm not going to charge the battery and use it.....that would be torture. I will probably end with one in the future if I don't wait for next generation.

And, since I have the 14mm & the 25mm I will probably sell the 17mm when it comes with my epl3 but that wont be until late next week. I guess I'll have to deal with shipping & paypal for that....

Sorry for the long post but since it's my first here I thought I should explain the situation.

Thanks,
    Carson

2. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    I have it at home now - does anyone want it? BNIB black body - $1130 CAD pickup in Ottawa.

I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the epl3 but I can't keep both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.