Black leather half case and cover for OMD EM-5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by InNeedOfHelp, Dec 16, 2012.

1. InNeedOfHelp

InNeedOfHelp New to Mu-43

Dec 16, 2012
    Hi! My boyfriend recently bought the Olympus OMD EM-5. I would like to buy him a leather half case with cover for Christmas. He said (not knowing I was planning on buying him one) that you can get the nice leather ones for around $125. So far I can only see cheap ones for no more than $30. The nice ones I do see are only the half case without the cover. Can anyone recommend a high quality leather case that comes with a cover that goes over the lens? I would very grateful! Thank you!

2. therourke

therourke Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 23, 2012
    London
    The official cover with leather only comes in one size, and it's huge. Depending on which lens your boyfriend uses, this might not be the right case, but it's a start:

Olympus CS-36 Leather Case

41HbUyL9FBL._SL500_SS500_.

3. gotak

gotak Mu-43 Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Toronto
    I don't know if you'll find a cover since the camera has interchangeable lenses. Which means depending on the lens mounted the size of the cover needs to change.

4. gs94121

gs94121 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2011
    I utilize 1/2 leather case for my OM-5 and doesn't need the cover as I put my OM-5 on backpack whenever I'm on-the-go. So, he won't have to fumble himself by opening & closing the case. You can get a good deal from eBay...they're good & durability. Happy Xmas shopping.

5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    The CS-36FBC mentioned above (which goes for $80) is designed for the 12-50mm. The body cover is removable from the wrap around portion. The only downside about this case is it screws into the tripod screw, so every time you need to change the battery you have to unscrew it from the body (I never complained back in the olden days when I used a film camera with a similar case). Also this can't be used with a grip.

6. InNeedOfHelp

Dec 16, 2012
    Thank you all so much! He does have the 12-50 lens, so I think the CS-36FBC might be the way to go. Is that just a pouch for the whole camera, or is the "wrap around" portion like the other "half cases" I have seen? I mean, if I order this, are there two separate parts - one that attaches to the actual camera and one that holds the whole camera and 12-50 lens?

Thanks again!

7. InNeedOfHelp

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, just clicked on the Amazon link and saw that it DOES come with the leather wrap around/half case bit. I think I will go for that. Thank you so much, everybody! Happy Holidays!

8. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
  9. nikki

nikki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    dublin ireland
  10. Shank

Shank Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Michigan