Black Friday Video Advice please

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by DynaSport, Nov 28, 2013.

1. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    First off, Happy Thanksgiving!

My daughter is pregnant with my first grand baby and I was thinking I might get her or me or both a video camera while the sales are going on to capture memories on. I have a G5, but I have never used the video feature and I am really not much of a video guy. I know next to nothing about video, as my last video camera was a VHS-C model years ago when my kids were small.

So, basically I have seen some Sony, Canon, and other brands of their lower line video camera in the $100-200 range, which is about all I can spend on this. First, for me, would I be better off learning to shoot video with my G5, and second is there a particular budget camera I should look for for my daughter? I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just something that will take good videos of the new baby and that will be easy to use.

Thanks everyone.

2. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    For $200 you will be vastly better off learning to shoot video on your G5. Perhaps purchase one of the various accessories that make shooting video with a camera easier? Or just start with what you've got.