1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Black Friday in the uk?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Aniseedvan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    I've decided to get the Olympus 45mm 1.8...

My only question is that the US centric blogs/websites/forums are full of the promise of black Friday deals, but apart from amazon uk, does anyone know of any uk companies that will be doing the same?

I was underwhelmed by amazon's deals last year, so I'm inclined to just go and get it....

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Do the folks in the UK celebrate our Thanksgiving, (the day before black Friday)? :smile:

3. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    I think it's buy now or wait for the New Year sales. If I had the money I'd buy now. :smile:

4. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Not really and to be honest I only heard of black Friday a couple of years ago. Amazon did do some good deals last year but they had like 2 of anything at the sale price..

I dithered last week when wilkinsons had one left at £229, and it went. Phoned them today about when they might get some more and got the same intake of breath a mechanic gives you before saying it's a tricky (expensive) bit of work on your car...

5. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Have you tried SRS? I got mine from there a couple of weeks ago and they're still showing it at £239 - I think you'll have a long wait on one appearing in any kind of sale, especially in the UK.

6. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Derek thanks, I think I will just go get it from SRS, it's a good price and they're a good dealer.

7. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I'd be surprised if that lens was offered as a Black Friday deal. In my area the biggest deals on that day aren't usually current models of anything.

8. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Well I ordered, then got the out of stock notice. I know they're not a massive shop, but a little disappointing.

I've cancelled for now, and will keep my eye back to wilkinson cameras, otherwise I am going to be a hermit to the 45mm image thread until focus next march :biggrin: