Black Friday got me 40-150 f2.8 instead of travel camera

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Akashi, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    I have been posting in another thread about getting a travel camera in addition to my E-M1. I was waiting for Black Friday and as soon as the clock turned 00:00 I hit the webstores. I couldn´t really find was I was looking for (a GM1) at a good deal so I clicked around a bit. Looking at possible a 25 1.8, but then...then I saw it. 40-150 f2.8 with TC at 20% off...! Man oh man. I will never get it cheaper...ah, but I wanted to wait and get the upcoming 300 f.4...but this is now and 300 is when? Not now for sure. So I closed my eyes and hit the buy button. Quickly entered my credit card info and wooshhh... The order vanished in thin air (literally). Did I dream it? Did I actually do it?

A few seconds later my inbox plinged and low and behold, a confirmation from the webstore. They even have it in the shop and will send it tomorrow (or perhaps Monday). I am so happy I cant sleep and so hard ridden with buyers remorse - it was EXPENSIVE.... This must be the most ambivalent feeling ever! I better used it now!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    You will love the lens and TC. It's a very sharp lens and the teleconverter only minimally degrades the image. When you get the 300mm f4.0, the MC-14 will turn it into a 420mm f5.6.
    My ideal pair of long lenses in the M43 format will be the 300mm + 1.4TC and 40-150mm f2.8 on separate bodies.
    I shoot a lot of my close up work with the 40-150 + TC. It lets you stand off from insects and spiders, then lets you focus immediately on distant objects.

• Like Like x 1
  3. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Nice score daddy-o.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I can imagine that, perhaps I should close my eyes next time I have GAS:clapping:

5. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    It does pay to keep an open mind (and wallet :shakehead:) when the Big Sales start to rev up. I had thought perhaps the LX100 would drop in price to G7 levels; it still could perhaps, but I decided the G7 and deals I know are better than any that I don't know. I think. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. Akashi

Akashi Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2010
    Tromso, Norway
    Thanks, I have been searching desperately on the net justifying why I didn´t get a used 50-200mm F2.8-3.5 for halv the price, or even a TC for my 75 1.8. It is a lot of money and will probably make me unable to get the 300 f4 in a year, at least, price depending of course.

It works, but you must make sure the stuff is not in your shopping cart, else you may accidentally hit the pay button and then it is too late....

Not really sure why I wrote this post in the first place, but thanks for reading it anyway :) I guess I needed to blow out some steam.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Hehehe... I know the feeling. Kinda like, "I can't believe I did that!" You'll love the lens though. I don't have one, but I've handled my friend's one.