Black e-pl1 and silver lens?

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
I saw m.zuiko 40-150mm for cheap but its silver. I have black e-pl1. The price is $150. How would it look? Is it worth the mismatch for the price?

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
First of all I don't think it would look bad at all since the black E-PL1 has silver on it also, and second, who cares? It's about taking pictures, not looking cool, right?

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is true. But when I bought the e-pl1 i was told the black is best color because it does not get too much attention compared to white or silver cameras.

I guess silver lens would be distracting especially if I am trying to get birds. I don't have silver lens so I do not know if there is a difference. what do u think?

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Distracting to whom??? I don't even understand what you are talking about. If you don't want the lens because of the color, don't buy it.

Burkey

Mu-43 Regular
I'm not muh of a "birder" by a Long shot, all puns intended. But a silver lens on a black body camera has a classic "panda" look. Go for it.
. . . Burkey

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
That is true. But when I bought the e-pl1 i was told the black is best color because it does not get too much attention compared to white or silver cameras.

I guess silver lens would be distracting especially if I am trying to get birds. I don't have silver lens so I do not know if there is a difference. what do u think?
I was referring to wildlife whether it would be true or not. Just the other day I read someone's post mentioning they were able to get closer to the bird since he or she was wearing black clothing.

playak47

Mu-43 Veteran
Bought it. Too good to pass up as long as the lens is sharp and fast considering there isn't much information on it in terms of performance.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom