1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Black e-pl1 and silver lens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by playak47, Dec 7, 2010.

1. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    I saw m.zuiko 40-150mm for cheap but its silver. I have black e-pl1. The price is $150. How would it look? Is it worth the mismatch for the price?

2. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    First of all I don't think it would look bad at all since the black E-PL1 has silver on it also, and second, who cares? It's about taking pictures, not looking cool, right?

3. Photographers have been attaching white lenses to black Canons for decades so this problem is not without precedent.

4. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    That is true. But when I bought the e-pl1 i was told the black is best color because it does not get too much attention compared to white or silver cameras.

I guess silver lens would be distracting especially if I am trying to get birds. I don't have silver lens so I do not know if there is a difference. what do u think?

5. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Distracting to whom??? I don't even understand what you are talking about. If you don't want the lens because of the color, don't buy it.

6. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    I'm not muh of a "birder" by a Long shot, all puns intended. But a silver lens on a black body camera has a classic "panda" look. Go for it.
    . . . Burkey

7. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    I was referring to wildlife whether it would be true or not. Just the other day I read someone's post mentioning they were able to get closer to the bird since he or she was wearing black clothing.

8. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Bought it. Too good to pass up as long as the lens is sharp and fast considering there isn't much information on it in terms of performance.

9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    In my opinion the opposite is true.
    Salesman was it? :mad: