Black E-P3/Kit Zoom at Olympus Store - $810

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by thearne3, Jul 20, 2011.

1. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Www.buyolympus.com now lists the Black E-P3 and kit zoom as in stock. I was able to use the coupon 'reg8855' for a 10% discount and free shipping. :biggrin:

Note: to use the coupon you must register/login first! if you get a 'address not correct' error, just call them direct - they ended up taking my order over the phone...

• Like Like x 6
  2. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    Sux.i want the silver one.did anyone who ordered the 12 get theirs yet?

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Same here -- silver or white. I got my 12, as did Tom.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Do they charge tax like Panasonic does? Olympus is a smaller business, so I'm curious if they 'operate' in most states like Panny. $810 for the camera right out of the gate is a pretty nice deal!

5. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I paid tax for CT. YMMV. :rolleyes:

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Looks like they charge sales tax for NY too.

7. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Yes, the Olympus store charges sales tax for all states that impose a sales tax on local in-store sales.

8. kbr

kbr New to Mu-43

Jun 22, 2011
    Do my eyes deceive me?

The silver E-P3 kit with 14-42 lens now shows as in stock at the Olympus store!

I registered on the site and the coupon code from OP worked without problem. Of course my discount was offset with taxes and expedited shipping :smile:. But hey, it'll still be cheaper and theoretically get to me faster than my Adorama pre-order.

9. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Oh no, what to do? If I get an E-P3, it would be in silver.

10. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    Ordered the silver one as well and cancelled adorama. Saved about $25. I hope it comes in a week.

11. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Oh man. I want the EP3 with the 17mm lens! Can I resist ordering at the Oly site because it has the wrong lens!?!?!

12. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I'm pretty sure we're going to see widespread stock at many stores very soon.

13. awatahurm

awatahurm Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2011
    I can't decide between silver and black.
    I lean towards the black because it's more subdued.
    Also my current lenses are black.
    But I think I'd really enjoy the new 45mm f/1.8 — which is sliver.
    I guess a black lens would look better on the silver body, than a sliver lens would look on the black body.
    But do I really want to base my decision on one lens that I haven't even bought yet?
    So maybe I'll just wait and see if the portrait lens becomes available in black.

(Yes, I am one of those irritating, over-analytical personalities that takes forever to get anything done.)

14. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    How do you figure this stuff (discount code) out?!?

15. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    White is in stock right now at olympus site. Get it if you really want it. Its under the silver pitured one....when you click the buy button it will ask which color, the white is the only color available.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Photorx12

Photorx12 Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2011
    I'm going to wait till midnight and if i cant find a silver one by then...The black one will be heading to my home and you will see my EP1 for sale dirt cheap!

Update......couldn't wait til midnight, i bought it!

17. tadzima

tadzima Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 26, 2010
    United States - Alaska
    On the way...

I was able to order a black one last night and Olympus shipped today so I should have it Wednessday night. I had planned on ordering one anyhow but this prompted me to do it now rather than later. Thanks for coupon.

18. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Oly still hasn't shipped mine yet :(

Yes, it's just been a few days, but the lens I ordered last time was near instant, so I guess my expectations are high.

I wonder if paying by paypal, rather than credit card, slowed everything down???

19. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    I am bit suprised Olympus didn't initially release the P3 w/ a fixed length/prime lens... But still a good deal...

20. krysdafur

krysdafur Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    SoCal
    Yesterday I ordered through the OLY store with next day air. The order was placed before their next day shipping cutoff time but for some reason they did not ship my order. I called today to get an update and was told my order was on hold, then got transferred to a supervisor's voice mail without explanation. The supervisor did call my back pretty promptly but gave some bs reason why the order didn't ship. Something about they needed to verify the shipping address with me because the order was over X amount of dollars :rolleyes:
    I only ordered the EP3 and provided by work number and my actual email and there was no attempt verify my address so that just BS.

So if you use the coupon, save your money and just go for the free ground shipping.