Black car in the night.

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by GRID, Aug 26, 2013.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I was asked to take some photos of this black Hyundai Genesis, and it was alreade late, but i just got some equipment for flashphotography i ordered so i tought i give it a try. Got one flash with umbrella on a stand, one single flash on a tripod and one reflectorscreen.
    So it was my first time with flash on a car, a black car and in the middle of the night so be gentle :p

2. BeyondTheLines

BeyondTheLines Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2012
    Good job, that sounds like a tricky shoot. IMO I think the 3rd has the most potential if you bring down the exposure on the ground and tall grass to the left
  3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    They are all fine, I'm sure but I have a couple of points.
    Bear in mind you're already experienced at taking photos of vehicles ... this one being not covered in mud is a new avenue ;)

Number1 has a very green tone and the blue euro bit on the numberplate jumps out at me.

Number3 Tyres look too bright.

I like Number5 the best but that blue bit of the numberplate is still annoying.
  4. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Is it one or two different cars? The last one has a different license plate.
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Barbosas the first pic has the plate letters cloned to be fake, I think the last pic has the real plate.
  6. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    2 and 5 are winners in my book, which I haven't written, and nobody would read anyway.
  7. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    #2 is my favorite. I know nothing about multiple flashes, so I think you did a great job for the first time!!!
  8. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    Thx for the feedback, I might try some dodge and burn on them later :)