1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

BLACK AND WHITE STREET PHOTOGRAPHY

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Robert Watcher, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

I have moved to a new area in the city of Xela, Guatemala over the weekend - and everything is different - new visual stimulation to my eyes.

My daily photography ritual continues with me heading out to the streets early at 6:00 AM, in the freezing cold. Here are a few Black and White Street Images from this morning:

20160301-EPL50188-Edit.
    Image #1

20160301-EPL50292-Edit.
    Image #2

20160301-EPL50314-Edit.
    Image #3

Image #1 - At 6:30 A.M. school kids were packing the buses at the Rotunda. I watched as probably 50 people tried squeezing into this van. Several didn't make it for obvious reasons. Then it took off at high speeds into the city, on the busy 4 lane street, and I froze this shot as the bus wizzed by me. The guy straddling the wheel (called a cobrador), is the kid that packs everyone in and collects the money. Normally he has a little space in the side door.

Image #2 - A young guard heading to work at the Despensia grocery store (opens at 7:00 AM). So glad he turned and looked back at me in the last second - it made the shot.

Image #3 - There is a seedy area a couple of blocks away - with junk and disabled cars, trucks, transport trucks etc - littering the streets and yards of all homes on the street. I found this pile of junk interesting for some reason.

• Like Like x 5
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Rather you than me. That second shot makes my hair stand on end!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1