1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

Black 75mm 1.8 $799 with extra $100 rebate

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by juangrande, Aug 13, 2013.

1. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    Description says "PRICE INCLUDES A $100.00 REBATE FROM AUGUST 4 THROUGH AUGUST 17TH, 2013".

I think it's $799 after the rebate.

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    It's $799 in the cart on Ebay. I thought the same. Maybe they credit the $100 towards the price and deal with rebates themselves.

3. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Yes...all the 75s are $799 at most places now...I was tempted, but might settle for a used one afterall. I opted for the 60mm instead (also $100 off) til the end of the week.

4. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    From Amazon:

Same price for the black 75 mm but also with 4% rewards and free super saver shipping.

5. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Are the rewards for Amazon credit users only?

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Having just bought a Bell & Howell (same lens as Samyang or Rokinon) 85mm f1.4 lens (adapted from Nikon mount) for $190, I have temporarily, at least, put off my lust for the Oly 75mm f1.8

7. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    So it's an instant rebate. Not quite the same, eh?

8. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I had one with a sloppy mount and a very,very stiff focus ring. Is yours better?

9. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Yes. the focus ring is fine - not too stiff at all. The mount is fine as well. I posted some test shots with it in the Rokinon 85mm f1.4 image thread a few days ago - the shots are nothing particularly artistic, but they do show off the bokeh and how far it isolates the subject at f1.4

https://www.mu-43.com/f81/rokinon-85mm-f-1-4-image-thread-24285/index3.html

One thing I notice is that this lens throws up noticeable CA on slightly out-of-focus parts of the image - not when the focus is right on, and not on the totally blurred parts.

10. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    How do you like it?

11. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    It's certainly a useful tool - but I've only had it for a week - I'll do some more serious shooting with it in the next couple of weeks