1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bit the bullet

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ddb, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Since the local camera store didn't have a complete G1 kit, I ordered one from Amazon first thing this morning. It should be here by the weekend. I'm now looking at some accessories to order. I shoot from a tripod a lot and need a cable release. Is this the right one for the G1 - Panasonic DMW-RSL1 Remote Shutter Release? It says it is for Panasonic DSLR and the FZ50. No mention of the G series.

• Like Like x 1
  2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Congrats on your purchase! You can buy a generic cable remote off eBay for much cheaper, and it works fine.

3. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
    Yes eBay for the cable and extra batteries. Much better

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

You will have fun with the G1. I bought a remote release on eBay for my G1. It is a simple switch so not much to go wrong. It is also compatible with the FZ50. Mine is a Pixel brand - model RC-201.

5. Never think of ebay so thanks for the reminder. Just ordered one for only $5.99 plus free shipping. Coming from Hong Kong so it will probably take two weeks to arrive, but the price is sure right.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

OK, ddb, I hope you'll promise to report back this weekend with some photos, too.:thumbup: