Bit the bullet

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ddb, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Since the local camera store didn't have a complete G1 kit, I ordered one from Amazon first thing this morning. It should be here by the weekend. I'm now looking at some accessories to order. I shoot from a tripod a lot and need a cable release. Is this the right one for the G1 - Panasonic DMW-RSL1 Remote Shutter Release? It says it is for Panasonic DSLR and the FZ50. No mention of the G series.

• Like Like x 2
  2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Congrats on your purchase! You can buy a generic cable remote off eBay for much cheaper, and it works fine.

3. Jonkobeck

Jonkobeck Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2010
    New York City
    Yes eBay for the cable and extra batteries. Much better

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

You will have fun with the G1. I bought a remote release on eBay for my G1. It is a simple switch so not much to go wrong. It is also compatible with the FZ50. Mine is a Pixel brand - model RC-201.

5. Never think of ebay so thanks for the reminder. Just ordered one for only $5.99 plus free shipping. Coming from Hong Kong so it will probably take two weeks to arrive, but the price is sure right.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

OK, ddb, I hope you'll promise to report back this weekend with some photos, too.:thumbup: