Bird of Paradise

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bill Gordon, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Shot in front of the British Museum in London where they had a display of exotic African plants

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Hi Bill,

Looks like you were somewhere far more exotic, it's amazing what you can find in London. :biggrin:

I really enjoyed meeting you while you were here and look forward to seeing some more of your pictures.

John :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

For a minute I forgot that a Bird of Paradise was a plant:redface: but it certainly is easy to see why it was named such! Very nice, Bill. I, too, look forward to seeing more as well as hearing about your trip.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bill Gordon

Thanks John and BBB......unfortunately I have very little to show, and it isn't the camera nor the lens....it is me getting used to the former!!

I really enjoyed meeting you John and it was so kind of you to take me to the famous "Epping Forest".

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Bill, don't feel badly, it does take time to get used to any new camera and sometimes it takes a bit of customizing, as you well know. I think I was just getting my E-P2 down when I decided to sell its "body"....

You know there are plenty of E-P2 shooters here who would be very glad to share their methods with you, if you feel like listening. Everyone's got an opinion but at least in this venue we can see those opinions backed up with photographs.:wink:

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Bill, where have you been visiting europe ?
    Nice shot, thanks for sharing.

7. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Bill, I didn't get much in Epping Forest either but it was a lovely walk and a very enjoyable day. I did get this one of you, taken with my E-3. :smile:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bill Gordon

Hi Herman
    I visited England and Holland..spent 5 miserable days in Amsterdam due to very cold and wet weather. I only saw the sun the first day. Here is a shot that would have been alright if the sun had been out.

Attached Files: