Birbs in the air (it’s not a typo)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
I wanted to share this morning the pictures I made with main focus on capturing birds in flight, either right after taking of just before landing and in between those but I was to hammered and passed out after a shower once I got home. I always shoot RAW but this time I will post only JPEGs that were imported with default Lightroom settings and exported with sRGB, 100% quality no resize JPEGs. So the images are 16 MP so please be aware when you click spoiler (and the reason why I hidden them in spoilers).

The weathers here, in South UK, is horrible with lots of cloud coverage, rain and string winds so the I ages will have quite a bit of motion blur even at higher shutter speeds and with High ISO. Non of the images are portfolio status but it’s a process of learning (or relearning) autofocus on Olympus E-M1 Mark I wince I got the Panasonic Leica 5o-2oomm f 2.8-4.o, all the shots were made with AF-C, smallest AF point, centre weight spot metering, Manual mode, wide open, Auto ISO, 10 FPS mechanical burst, lens IS priority.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These are the few of 1002 images I made this morning after work, selected just the ones that are in the theme of the title. In the morning I feel quite tired and it can be hard to focus and concentrate on spotting, tracking, predicting and basically learning all-around birding. I may have better success rate and quality if I was rested and on trips focused on birding instead of just getting whatever I find on my way home from night work. But I do it for the practice and for some quite stunning light sometimes (when I get lucky). I will be writing another post about autofocus in a different thread with more examples (2000 pixel size this time) and more varied subjects in a few hours.

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Something wrong with posting, I think. Photos are hidden behind a button called "Spoiler".
Did you forget to end with "End Sarcasm"? :p

All the pictures are inside the button called "Spoiler", you need to click or press on it to show the picture ... for each button.

Zeus1

Mu-43 All-Pro
Belgium, small town between Antwerp and Ghent
I quite clearly understand the meaning of the button "Spoiler" . I quite clearly don't understand why one would hide his/hers pictures behind a "Spoiler" button. It's usually not done on mu43. So, @LOn3Gr3yWOlf, please stop Your unnecessary remarks.
And if I miss some tiny innuendo about sarcasm, my apologies, I'm not a native English speaking person.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
I quite clearly understand the meaning of the button "Spoiler" . I quite clearly don't understand why one would hide his/hers pictures behind a "Spoiler" button. It's usually not done on mu43. So, @LOn3Gr3yWOlf, please stop Your unnecessary remarks.
And if I miss some tiny innuendo about sarcasm, my apologies, I'm not a native English speaking person.
I’m really sorry, I shouldn’t have been so rude. I put the images under spoiler here because they are 16 MP files and most of the forum shares resized files (usually around 1000 to 2000 pixels across). I wanted to upload full size as a sample of the quality of the Panasonic Leica 5o-2oomm lens with Olympus E-M1 Mark I.

The other post was because of the number of pictures, around 45 images, which is quite a lot for forum thread (at least one that is not meant as a shared gallery for example).

BosseBe

Mu-43 All-Pro
I’m really sorry, I shouldn’t have been so rude. I put the images under spoiler here because they are 16 MP files and most of the forum shares resized files (usually around 1000 to 2000 pixels across). I wanted to upload full size as a sample of the quality of the Panasonic Leica 5o-2oomm lens with Olympus E-M1 Mark I.

The other post was because of the number of pictures, around 45 images, which is quite a lot for forum thread (at least one that is not meant as a shared gallery for example).
Checked just the last photo in your post and it is 1600 pixels at the wide side and it downloads as a 645kB file.
This is correct AFAIK, as this site downsizes to 1600 pixel on the wide side.
If you want to show pictures with higher resolution you have to link to Flickr or some other site.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Checked just the last photo in your post and it is 1600 pixels at the wide side and it downloads as a 645kB file.
This is correct AFAIK, as this site downsizes to 1600 pixel on the wide side.
If you want to show pictures with higher resolution you have to link to Flickr or some other site.
It took a while to upload them, the website must have shrunk them afterwards. So much for uploading full rez :p

Top Bottom