Billingham Simplies 130/170 Pouch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dornblaser, Jun 26, 2013.

1. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
  2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Dornblaser, how about a neoprene wrap? Those go good when putting the result inside another bag. I mention it because I have used cut flat neoprene from roll as a separator in the case of laying one body in a bag atop another, so long as the bag's enclosure kept movement to a minimum. Neoprene wraps come with velcro to hold it onto the camera.

3. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Hi Savas K,

Yes, I have thought of wraps. My thoughts are that they would require you to take the wrap out of the messenger bag to rewrap the camera which might not possible or at least inconvenient. I want to be able to take the camera in or out of the bag while walking in crowds, etc. The Crumpler Haven is perfect if were a little smaller and more than a little shorter.

- David

4. Savas K

Jan 10, 2013
    Maybe look at Billingham's Superflex inserts. No bottom or top; just four padded sides. You can put a bottom pad in there from another bag. The inserts come in different heights. They consist of dual silos; one is usually meant as the main silo. Search B&H on Billingham; then select the link for Superflex Inserts.

5. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Thanks, I will.

6. Savas K

Jan 10, 2013
    Superflex are setup to follow a specific convention that can be hard to initially comprehend. To help simplify as it pertains to our sizes of camera and lens, I took these shots.

Here is an 11-15 size Superflex that fits the camera with short lens and hood going in sideways. The small section left over can have something put into it, or it can flatten and not be used. Some have even cut that portion off of it.

IMG_2336.

Here is the 8-15 size, which can accept micro 4/3 lenses in either compartment and can support a camera with lens stuck inside of one of the compartments. In this situation, the camera body is protected by the rest of the Billingham bag that Superflex are originally made to suit. Or any other bag that you choose to stick these inside of.

IMG_2339.

Billingham's new pdf brochure has schematics that show the whole Superflex line and how they are designed to work together as a system.

7. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Savas K,

Thank you taking the time to take those pics. They certainly make clear the point that you were making.

- David