Bikerace

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by GRID, May 21, 2013.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I took some photos for the organisers of this bikerace last weekend, here´s some of them.

SMKcykel_02__.

SMKcykel_46__.

SMKcykel_37__.

SMKcykel_01__.

SMKcykel_26__.

SMKcykel_64__.

SMKcykel_55__.

SMKcykel_69__.

More images on my site.

2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Great stuff!

There is a track nearby me and Ive been jonesing to try and capture some images. What FL did you feel you used the most if any?

3. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I used my 300mm, 75mm and 12mm, but i think the 75 was used most.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Going up

Nice shots there and you have some nice lead in lines as well as action (in the air) captures - I also really like the shot looking up the track with the undulations and multiple riders - 300?

I came across some boys doing some aerial work on their bikes recently and used the OMD+45 to capture the action.

Focus tracking is useless on the OMD so I used single shot, prefocussed on where I thought the main action would be and then focussed and shot as they were airborne as shutter lag is very short.

I would be interested to hear what focussing method you used especially with the 300 & 75?

In_the_air.

Envy.

5. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    My 300mm is manual so i didnt have much to select from :) 
    On the 75 i used single also, but it´s quite quick so i didnt have to prefokus all the time.

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    yep - works for me

I agree, the OMD is very fast to focus so in many cases AFS will suffice for not so fast moving subjects!

I have yet to find someone who has discovered a secret set up for getting AFC - tracking to work well on the OMD and suspect that until Olympus deliver a model with Phase detection, we will see no improvement - this is probably my biggest diassapointment with the camera as I am lucky enough to live 8 miles from the largest Airshow in the world (RIAT).

I go every year and in the past have had my D700+300 for some great aerial display shots, I have since parted company with that kit (as it only came out for airshows) and this year intend to cover the events with OMD and 25/45/75 & 100-300. No problem for ground shots and slower moving aircraft but not sure how it will cope for fast jet formation captures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.