1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Bikerace

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by GRID, May 21, 2013.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I took some photos for the organisers of this bikerace last weekend, here´s some of them.

SMKcykel_02__.

SMKcykel_46__.

SMKcykel_37__.

SMKcykel_01__.

SMKcykel_26__.

SMKcykel_64__.

SMKcykel_55__.

SMKcykel_69__.

More images on my site.

2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Great stuff!

There is a track nearby me and Ive been jonesing to try and capture some images. What FL did you feel you used the most if any?

3. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I used my 300mm, 75mm and 12mm, but i think the 75 was used most.

4. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Going up

Nice shots there and you have some nice lead in lines as well as action (in the air) captures - I also really like the shot looking up the track with the undulations and multiple riders - 300?

I came across some boys doing some aerial work on their bikes recently and used the OMD+45 to capture the action.

Focus tracking is useless on the OMD so I used single shot, prefocussed on where I thought the main action would be and then focussed and shot as they were airborne as shutter lag is very short.

I would be interested to hear what focussing method you used especially with the 300 & 75?

In_the_air.

Envy.

5. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    My 300mm is manual so i didnt have much to select from :)
    On the 75 i used single also, but it´s quite quick so i didnt have to prefokus all the time.

6. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    yep - works for me

I agree, the OMD is very fast to focus so in many cases AFS will suffice for not so fast moving subjects!

I have yet to find someone who has discovered a secret set up for getting AFC - tracking to work well on the OMD and suspect that until Olympus deliver a model with Phase detection, we will see no improvement - this is probably my biggest diassapointment with the camera as I am lucky enough to live 8 miles from the largest Airshow in the world (RIAT).

I go every year and in the past have had my D700+300 for some great aerial display shots, I have since parted company with that kit (as it only came out for airshows) and this year intend to cover the events with OMD and 25/45/75 & 100-300. No problem for ground shots and slower moving aircraft but not sure how it will cope for fast jet formation captures.