1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

BigCat versus the Bug

Discussion in 'Nature' started by HappyEisentrout, Apr 17, 2011.

1. HappyEisentrout

HappyEisentrout Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    I was walking by the bathroom and heard a strange noise coming from within. I headed in and saw my cat, BigCat, fighting this bug who had gotten stuck in the bathtub.

E-PL1 14-42mm @35mm f5.2 1/40 ISO 1600
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanwoirol/5628950543/" title="BugCat by Ryan Woirol, on Flickr"> 5628950543_a1cfc8a539. "375" height="500" alt="BugCat"></a>

• Like Like x 6
  2. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

I wouldn't want bugs like that in my bathroom!

Nice picture, by the way. :) 

3. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    So, who won?

• Like Like x 1
  4. HappyEisentrout

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    If you can mind the Street Fighter music, here is a small clip shot with my E-PL1 that shows who had the upper hand.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/g69MYhCR3Fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 1
  5. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Centipedes are carnivorous and have some nice mandibles and poisonous claws. As a result can give nasty bites.

6. HappyEisentrout

Mar 6, 2011
    Sandusky, OH
    It's just a common Silverfish, they aren't carnivorous. They eat stupid stuff like book bindings and hair.

7. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Upper paw surely?
    Anyway, nice one.

8. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    boston
    silverfish or house centipede? looks like a house centipede to me. either way - great shot!

9. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.