1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Big Canon announcement coming Nov 3

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by KVG, Oct 25, 2011.

1. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Big Canon announcement coming :confused: 

2011-09-15-thestorybeginsvrev.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Oh, what's this, Canon? You want your turn in the spotlight as well? Well, we suppose a hint of an announcement is better than a non-announcement, so bring it on! The imaging company just sent us word of a presumably star-studded SoCal event on November 3rd, giving its cameras a chance to walk the red carpet in a rather surprising Hollywood role reversal. We're not sure exactly what Canon plans to unveil that night -- a new mirrorless camera, or perhaps some fancy pants camcorder, destined for Hollywood's elite? But assuming the company isn't crying wolf, we'll be there with a live

Source: Canon plans Hollywood event, ready to roll out the red carpet on November 3rd -- Engadget

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Interesting!

Hollywood = some kind of video product?

3. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    That would be my guess too

4. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I WISH it was a mirrorless camera (with something other than a 2/3 sensor), but my guess is it's an EOS mount video/camcorder type deal.

5. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    This will be the 1D-x in GL clothing. Or similar. That is my guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.