BHP: PEAK DESIGN Everyday Messenger 15" Version 1 (Ash) $130

BAPHA

Mu-43 Regular
I was looking hard at that bag (the 13" version) but still unsure if it will be too big for a mirrorless kit, and also am slightly concerned about those bags tipping over when put down (as silly as this may sound to some). If you could share some personal experience with regards to the above, I would appreciate it very much!

I was looking hard at that bag (the 13" version) but still unsure if it will be too big for a mirrorless kit, and also am slightly concerned about those bags tipping over when put down (as silly as this may sound to some). If you could share some personal experience with regards to the above, I would appreciate it very much!
The 13" is quite a big bag and is the biggest bag I have. I can easily fit 2 bodies - EM5II and GX85, 4-6 lenses (primes and zooms), spare batteries, spare cards etc. Sometimes, I need 2 bodies and multiple lenses, and compactness is not an issue, so this is the bag I use for such occasions. Generally, the bag is well thought out and well designed. For whatever reason, the bottom is slanted, so the bag does have a tendency to lean forward. If there is enough weight in it, the bag will tip forward. Not sure why they did that because if they had kept the bottom straight, it would not have that tendency. With one camera body, the bag will sit upright, though it will tilt forward 30-45 degrees.

If you are interested in the 13" version, MassDrop has a drop going on for Peak Designs bags and you can get the 13" at a discount. I posted a link about this yesterday in the deals section.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
The TT Signature 10 might be a better fit for you, and it's not tipsy:
Review - Think Tank Signature 10 shoulder bag review

BAPHA

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, barry - I have my eye on that bag as well, just waiting on another promotion for that model, as the current price is a little too high for me.

Thanks, barry - I have my eye on that bag as well, just waiting on another promotion for that model, as the current price is a little too high for me.
You might check out the official Olympus bag:
PRO System Camera Bag | Olympus

It has a flat bottom and it is only $32. Dimensions: 12.2"w x 7.9"h x 7.9"d. This means that lenses can fit in to the bag lying on their side rather than being inserted in at either end. The reviews are quite good. Use the 20% off coupon to cover the $5 shipping charge.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom