1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Bestbuy $99.00 45-200

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mymaccrashes, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mymaccrashes

mymaccrashes New to Mu-43

Mar 6, 2011
  2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Classic ... not available in the whole state ...

3. eggshen

eggshen Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 8, 2012
    I grabbed one yesterday for $72. It was the display model and did not appear on the inventory checker.

4. KAB

KAB New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2013
    Indiana / Ohio
    Katherine
    Not available anywhere near me either. I don't think the best buy in my area even carries micro 4/3 cameras (not panasonic anyway). It sounds like this not must be the case for all Best Buys?

5. mymaccrashes

mymaccrashes New to Mu-43

Mar 6, 2011
    Inventory check at the local best buy shows none available in my area as well.
    But considering how aggressive bestbuy is I am confidant that you could go to the store and have them price match the lens and have them ship it for free.
    I bought my OMD with a 30% price drop from a Staples coupon. Another mu43 member recommended it and it worked well.

6. PENpal

PENpal Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Order online and have it shipped to your local store . That's how I got my first Mu43 camera.

7. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    That option is not available for this lens. It is ONLY available in-store and only a few stores have it.

Also, there is already a thread on this topic that was started several days prior to the 43rumors:

https://www.mu-43.com/f89/panasonic-45-200-sale-41829/

8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I checked and not one was available in the entire state of New Mexico. East Texas didn't have any either. Sounds like this deal was to liquidate a small number sitting here and there and not a well organized sale.

9. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    Yes, the availability is few and far in between. I am in Austin, TX and the store in Temple (about 30 miles away) had one in stock - everyone else was sold out.

10. thebigham

thebigham New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2011
    It's gone here in new york city

11. mowog6000

mowog6000 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Oregon City Oregon
    Pat bailey
    None in Portland This is another reason I don't go to Bestbuy.

12. Photosonic

Photosonic Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    None available in stores in SC

13. BigCTM

BigCTM Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2012
    Picked one up today in Memphis, TN... It showed out of stock online but one store showed an open box one available. I checked it out and got lucky.

14. RobWatson

The online listing says "New" so open box or displays on sale are actually not new.

Likely just some one being sloppy or lazy but in the age of strict liability ones intent does not matter and such tactics are illegal and are best strongly discouraged.

15. mahrette

mahrette New to Mu-43

Feb 2, 2013
    Sold out in Los Angeles area.

16. snaimpally

Dec 31, 2012
    No, its likely that they have very limited quantities, which BB has been upfront about. Such tactics are not illegal when the retailer specifically mentions quantities are limited. The tactic that Abe's of Maine used (see post elsewhere in the deals section) may be illegal as NJ state law states that the retailer should have sufficient quantity available to satisfy expected demand UNLESS they specifically state that there are limited quanitites, which Abe's did not appear to do.

In terms of "strict liability", you may wish to avoid using legal terms out of context. :rolleyes:

17. RobWatson

Can't debate rolley eyes ...

If I can't whine about getting a lens for cheap without the lawyers leaping in then ... well ... wah.

Hmmm .. leaping lawyers ... sound like a theme for M43 challenge of the month!

• Like Like x 1