Best thing about my new E-P5

rfortson

Mu-43 Veteran
Best thing about the E-P5 I bought is that I've yet to lose the eyepiece (and no, I didn't buy the VF-4). :)

I'm on my third eye piece on my E-M5. That's my only complaint, though.

D

Deleted member 20897

Funny, because my only reason for not getting the EP5 was that it did not have a built in viewfinder. Weird.

rfortson

Mu-43 Veteran
Funny, because my only reason for not getting the EP5 was that it did not have a built in viewfinder. Weird.
:) Yeah, I know that was a deal-killer for a lot of people. I personally don't mind, though I guess it would be nice to have something like the GX7 where there's a little flip up viewfinder built in. I have the E-M5 also and I do like a viewfinder for using longer lenses, so that's my telephoto camera. Nice to have all these choices.

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
EVF doesn't really take any extra space (GX7, Nex-6) so why not just put it in there for occasional use? Attachable evf is big no.

Reesebass

Mu-43 Regular
Best thing with my newish E-P5 would be to find out that the camera has cured from the shuttershock issues when i will test it tomorrow.

And btw: i really like the idea of a detachable viewfinder.

D

Deleted member 20897

:) Yeah, I know that was a deal-killer for a lot of people. I personally don't mind, though I guess it would be nice to have something like the GX7 where there's a little flip up viewfinder built in. I have the E-M5 also and I do like a viewfinder for using longer lenses, so that's my telephoto camera. Nice to have all these choices.
I just shoot way better with a viewfinder. I had the EP5 and the EM5 next to each other and really the EVF on the EM5 clinched it for me.

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
EVF doesn't really take any extra space (GX7, Nex-6) so why not just put it in there for occasional use? Attachable evf is big no.
Because once you use a VF-4, those EVFs look like an EVF for ants.

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
Owned VF-2 for 3 years and didn't use it at all, but then I got VF4 last Christmas season and I found it really nice in IQ and easy for eyes. With EP5 it's even nicer with auto on/off. The only match for vf is EM1 and for now it's a little more than I want to pay for and lug around.

daum

Mu-43 Veteran
Same here. I really don't know what all the hoopla is about an integrated EVF.

daum

Mu-43 Veteran
I got the kit with the VF-4 and haven't used it yet. It's because the LCD with flip touch screen is more versatile. You can angle and extend it without having the camera to your face in awkward positions. I keep the VF-4 around for sunny days or when i want to be a "real" photographer...

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
I think the VF-4, if you put it on your eye, may help reduce shutter shock. Need to do more tests but a pattern I've noticed is that roughly out of 20 photos when shooting with a prime, I get 2 or so that have shutter shock. When using the VF-4 pressed against my eye, I have not noticed any shutter shock photos.

This might be because the extra pressure dampens the shutter resonation. Need to do more tests.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom