Best software for editing RAW and JPEG images from EPM-1 and G3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by colbycheese, Jan 30, 2013.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    I am thinking of getting a software to use for photo editing. Which ones are the best for a okay price? I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars. Which software is the best for editing my photos? Thanks
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Most people here use either Lightroom or Aperture. Both are under $100 (IIRC).

While there is a difference between the two programs, I don't think the difference is significant. As an example if there are five pairs of identical 8x10's laying on the tabletop. One set processed with Lightroom and the other process with Aperture, you won't be able to identify/stack them by which post processing program was use.

Lightroom is available for both PC's and Mac's, Aperture is only available for the Mac.

Both programs are available for a free 30 day trial period, so try them and see which best suits your personality.

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Most software packages allow you to try before buying. I strongly recommend that you take advantage of these offers. Software is a very personal decision when it comes to raw conversion and editing.

4. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    What kind of photo editing? For global adjustments and raw processing Aperture or Lightroom. For pixel editing, merging images etc then have a look at Photoshop Elements.

5. erb3742

erb3742 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    Southern California
    +1 on taking advantage of free trials. For me it came down to which one offered file management that fits my workflow. Both offer competitive capabilities, depending on what you are looking to do for post processing on a regular basis may help drive the decision.

I recently switched from Aperture 3 to LR4 and have been very happy. There is some speculation of Apple's long term commitment to Aperture given the length of time since the last major release.
    • Like Like x 1