Best SD Card for E-PL2?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by AR-Trvlr, Jun 23, 2012.

1. AR-Trvlr

AR-Trvlr Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 21, 2012
    Chamblee GA
    I'm buying a used E-PL2 body, and need to get a SD card to go with it - what should I look for? How big should I get?

Will 32mb work, or should I just got for 64mb?

2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Will you be using the camera for video? If so, then get a large fast card, as video eats up memory quite quickly? Also, how often are you able to download images off od your card(s)? And how many images do you shoot in a day? Remember, you would need a lot of batteries to fill a 32 or 64GB card with still images in one day.

--Ken

3. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    The SanDisk Extreme Pro 32G has worked very well for me in both photo and video applications and is the one that I recommend. I use two instead of one 64G.

I also have the Extreme 8G and 16G models for backup; however, the Extreme Pro is what I use for paid work.

4. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Fast and cheap, i use Trascend Class 10 16gb cards and those are more than enough for me considering i never shoot joegs only raw

5. alecstevans

alecstevans New to Mu-43

Jun 29, 2012
    In my view Best SD Card for E-PL2 are:
    Delkin Elite SDHC UHS-1 (95MB/s)
    RAW + JPEG: 3s
    RAW: 2.1s
    SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-1 (45MB/s)
    RAW + JPEG: 3s
    RAW: 2.2s

6. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    That's a rather broad and vague question. There's no such thing as best, due to different prices (batch performance, model revisions, etc) , but a "safe" choice is anything from Sandisk. Generally accepted as the most reliable brand.

7. atomic

atomic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Brand and speed will depend on budget and needs. If you are shooting video, or burst mode stills you will want the fastest card you can afford. Speed rating doesn't tell the whole story though, check https://www.mu-43.com/f67/geekin-out-sd-card-speeds-25644/ for some real-world tests of a few cards.

As for capacity, with the EPL2, if you shoot highest quality jpegs, you will get about 5000 shots on a 32GB card, 2200 if you shoot in RAW. Only you will know if this is enough. :)