Best Rock Photograph (by an amateur)-contest in Finland

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Hello fellow Mu-43ers!

A picture of mine got through to the final where the winner is selected by both jury and public votes. The prize is a brand new Olympus E-M10. My girlfriend is trying to make the switch from the huge (pun intended) Canon 5Dmk2 world to our beloved m4/3 and this camera would be the perfect start. So I guess I'm asking you guys to vote my picture (#6) if you want to help me out or if you think it really is the best photo in the final. I don't mind which ever is the reason... :biggrin:

Link to the contest: http://www.soundi.fi/kilpailut/aanesta-parasta-rockvalokuvaa
-> Below the pictures is a "Paras kuva on numero"-text with a dropdown menu where you can choose the number and below it is a "Lähetä vastauksesi"-button which will register the vote. That's it - no registeration or anything. The voting ends on 5th May.

I really appreciate any help I get from here since it's (partly) a popularity contest and those are really hard to win - at least without proper marketing... :smile:

My picture is #6.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Boy am I disappointed. I was looking for photos of rocks! ;)

Great capture of Springsteen and band! There is a lot of good challengers but being a classic rock fan myself yours earns the pick from me. :D

At least I assume i voted for you - for all I know i just signed up for a Finnish Tupperware party.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Boy am I disappointed. I was looking for photos of rocks! ;)

Great capture of Springsteen and band! There is a lot of good challengers but being a classic rock fan myself yours earns the pick from me. :D

At least I assume i voted for you - for all I know i just signed up for a Finnish Tupperware party.
:laugh1:
Thanks. I'm pretty sure you'll get your first batch of Tupperware in a couple of weeks... Just send me the bill when you get it. :biggrin:

dogs100

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Geoff
Done, and it was my favourite so I feel 'clean'. Springsteen was the only one I had heard of ... must be my age

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The commentary about the photos is pretty harsh.
OzRay, you're right. Nowadays we seem to have a negative culture here in Finland. It's kind of cool the more harsh you are or the more stupid comments you share on Web. It's like something is away from yourself if you don't push others down. And if you say something positive you are kind of sissy yourself. I really don't like it, but that's life :S

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
OzRay, you're right. Nowadays we seem to have a negative culture here in Finland. It's kind of cool the more harsh you are or the more stupid comments you share on Web. It's like something is away from yourself if you don't push others down. And if you say something positive you are kind of sissy yourself. I really don't like it, but that's life :S
That seems to be the pattern here in Oz as well. I don't use it, but the stuff I've seen copied from Twitter is unbelievable.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
The commentary about the photos is pretty harsh.
I didn't even know there was comments as well (I have "NoScript" on in my Firefox and it blocks ads/comments/etc by default). And I think it's a good thing that the comments-sections are off by default since nowadays most comments are negative and puts you in a bad mood. A good example is www.43rumors.com...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom