1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

best PORTABLE color foto printer

Discussion in 'Printing' started by soulofoto, Jun 6, 2012.

1. soulofoto

soulofoto Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    Hi,

Just like the thread title says...what would you say is the best portable color foto printer, and why? I want to hook this up with an Olympus OMD EM5 and do some street photography gigs....it would be good to be able to print all the way up to 8.5 x 10.5 or whatever a sheet of paper is. Great quality is a must.

Any recommendations? Paper? Bluetooth? Wireless IR? Battery? Any tips or tricks?

muchos garcias...

2. soulofoto

soulofoto Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    nobody got an idear?

3. neofx19

neofx19 Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2012
    Vancouver
    I would suggest you visit this website...

Printer Reviews – Laser Printer Reviews, Wireless and Inkjet Printer Reviews

They have reviews on tons of printers. To be honest, it really depends on how much money you want to invest in a printer. There are some really good printers for <$100 but it depends on what your budget is. When looking at a printer, its also important to see how much ink it will consume. Some printers consume ink faster than others. Also consider consumer reviews on the specific make and model you plan on purchasing. Chances are if a large majority of the public have a positive review on it, you'll probably end up having one as well (although never a guarantee).

4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Are you wanting to go straight from your camera or SD card to the printer with no computer or tablet in between? Access to electricity? Trying to visualize what set-up you're contemplating.

Some information that may be useful:

http://printers.toptenreviews.com/compact/

5. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    I would say a Canon Selphie: compact, works with battery, high quality. But prints only 10x15cm...

6. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    HiTi makes some small "event" dye sub printers including a battery powered one. I've seen good reviews in magazines but never seen or used one myself.

HiTi Photo Printers

Fred

7. soulofoto

soulofoto Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2012
    thanks for the responses lads. I was thinking of going direct from the camera but after some thought....maybe a quick trip through Lightroom on an iPad would be in order...I check the links posted. I am still getting some ideas but I kinda favor Canon for some reason...unless I see something better...

8. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    Lightroom on iPad? Maybe you mean iPhoto? Also note that only specific printers work directly with an iPad or iPhone.

9. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    LR for iPad? Not yet. But there are so many photo retouching apps it boggles the mind. Really good point on specific printers.

10. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    I would highly recommend iPhoto for price $4.99 and quality of editing. It also reduces the image size very little if you want to do something with the image later and makes it easy to post to Flickr and FB.