1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best pocket camcorders

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Herman, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Which one would you recommend and why ?:2thumbs:

2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
  3. sblehm

sblehm Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2010
    Herman,

This may not be the answer you are looking for.
    I have found that my little canon point and shoots take good enough video that I don't feel there is any need for a pocket camcorder.
    I have an SD780 and my wife has an SD980. Video from either looks darn good to me and I love the wide angle lens the 980 has.

BTW, I feel that a forum is a place where people with a common interest have come together to have discussions. I feel it is rude to tell someone who is asking a question that may be a bit off topic to leave. My opinion is that if you don't wan't to read a particular thread then it is simple enough to skip over and go about your business I think that is why I Like this site and don't actively read any other camera forums. The negativity is draining to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your kind words. I will take a look at the SD780 and SD980. We now got JVC and Panasonic. I feel like being in need of a small pocket every day's camcorder to take with me. To take pictures and video with and eventually upload these to flickr / youtube.
    As to dpreview, it has many members, most of them are friendly. Some of them are not.
    I got to accept and deal with that.

5. dulaney22

dulaney22 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    Surprisingly enough, the best pocket camcorder for me is my phone, a Droid X. Even in lower light, it takes reasonably good video. I'm sure the new iPhone or other phones are on par with it. I bought my oldest daughter a pocket Sony camcorder for Christmas last year and my phone is just as good, if not better for sharpness. I don't know if that interests you at all, but I wouldn't rule out a phone . . . it's amazing what technological leaps have been made recently.

• Like Like x 1