1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Best pocket camcorders

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Herman, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Which one would you recommend and why ?:2thumbs:

2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
  3. sblehm

sblehm Mu-43 Regular

Aug 28, 2010
    Herman,

This may not be the answer you are looking for.
    I have found that my little canon point and shoots take good enough video that I don't feel there is any need for a pocket camcorder.
    I have an SD780 and my wife has an SD980. Video from either looks darn good to me and I love the wide angle lens the 980 has.

BTW, I feel that a forum is a place where people with a common interest have come together to have discussions. I feel it is rude to tell someone who is asking a question that may be a bit off topic to leave. My opinion is that if you don't wan't to read a particular thread then it is simple enough to skip over and go about your business I think that is why I Like this site and don't actively read any other camera forums. The negativity is draining to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for your kind words. I will take a look at the SD780 and SD980. We now got JVC and Panasonic. I feel like being in need of a small pocket every day's camcorder to take with me. To take pictures and video with and eventually upload these to flickr / youtube.
    As to dpreview, it has many members, most of them are friendly. Some of them are not.
    I got to accept and deal with that.

5. dulaney22

dulaney22 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 18, 2010
    Surprisingly enough, the best pocket camcorder for me is my phone, a Droid X. Even in lower light, it takes reasonably good video. I'm sure the new iPhone or other phones are on par with it. I bought my oldest daughter a pocket Sony camcorder for Christmas last year and my phone is just as good, if not better for sharpness. I don't know if that interests you at all, but I wouldn't rule out a phone . . . it's amazing what technological leaps have been made recently.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.