Best Places to purchase PL 25mm f1.4 from Australia

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Ypcheng, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Ypcheng

Ypcheng New to Mu-43

May 15, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi guys,

I'm really new to this forum and just starting out with photography, but I'm keen to start looking into purchasing a prime for the OMD.

I was wondering whether people (preferably Australians) can shed some light regarding where some of the good online stores are to purchase the PL 25mm f1.4 and other m43 lens.

So far, all the camera shops are listing over $800 for this lens... whereas I am finding it around the $600 mark at places like DigitalRev, Kenmore, B&H, Adorama, and eBay etc.

I am more or less concerned with the warranty and after-service, so anybody that could give me some further info would be highly appreciated!!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi..None of local camera stores stock this lens . You can buy from B&H , adorama , kenmorecamera and amazon and you will have more peace of mind from warranty point of view.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

3. Brodie337

Brodie337 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 1, 2012
    I work at a shop that sells Panasonic gear, and I can tell you that stock imported officially by Panasonic Australia costs significantly more than stock brought in from overseas. The catch is that Panasonic warranty is only available in the country that item was imported in. What that means is although the lens is more expensive at places like George's Cameras, you're buying Australian stock that won't need to be shipped overseas by the reseller for warranty.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi.. I bought many things from B&H and never had any issues. Shipping lens back to USA will cost only 30-50 dollars where as Teds will charge u AUD999, so I won't bother for warranty .
    Cheers

5. Ypcheng

Ypcheng New to Mu-43

May 15, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks!! I have placed an order with kenmore!! Hope to get the camera soon! Will keep everyone updated with images when I get the camera!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have bought some stuff from Digital World International (with an Australian office for their Chinese company) & they ship very quickly. They have the lens listed for $587, but I would contact them first for availability.

• Like Like x 1