Best place to sell OM-D system?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by majordude, Mar 3, 2015.

1. majordude

majordude Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    After 32 years I am leaving Olympus for Nikon.

I have an OM-D 5 plus a few lenses, a case, other stuff...

Where is the best place to sell it? Ebay? (I've sold big stuff there before but I think they are raking 20% of the top now!)

2. newfie

newfie Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2015
    I've tried ebay for various items lately but it's expensive and kinda risky for sellers these days. As well, I had an issue and ebay were real slow to respond and slower to offer accurate answers.

Camera related items: i'd try here!
  3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    Here, Fred Miranda, eBay, Craig's list, and Amazon. Actually had very good luck with Amazon lately.
  4. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    I have sold (and bought!) a lot of gear here, always with great experiences. eBay is a viable option with some risk, but the fees always hurt you in the end. Amazon looks interesting, but have not tried it myself. Their fees are high too, but you can't beat the potential customer base.
  5. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I had better luck with selling on Amazon lately, probably because they have better rep than eBay. Both will cost you almost the same in final fees/paypal ~13%.
    Selling here on forum is an option too, but buyers will expect your prices to be less than avg on eBay/Amazon by same ~10% + 3% paypal.
  6. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    EBay has been good to me for a long while. I've had tons of flakes on Amazon. About 10-15% return stuff because they changed their mind. A few cancel even before I have a chance to ship. On guy ordered twice and cancelled both times. The third time he ordered I cancelled on him.

This forum is the best for least hassle but net to the seller seems to be the same.
  7. teddoman

teddoman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    I've had good results on Amazon, but you have to price in fact that Amazon charges $5 fee per item even if it returned. Happened to me and I realized return was my own fault, I didn't describe it carefully enough. Any scratches on body = lowest rating of adequate. Luckily only 1 return and no flakes. I post simultaneously with a 10-15% discount here and on FM to make my net the same.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015