1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best mobile photo display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WasOM3user, Dec 27, 2012.

1. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Looking at the options for being able to show photographs off to their best when not in the house as lugging my 23" IPS monitor around is a bit too much just so people can really see the "wow" factor.

From a pure resolution point of view the iPad/Macbook Pro with retina displays appear to be top of the heap but does anyone have any other experience/options like Asus Transformer Infinity or ZenBooks etc. and has anyone seen any comparison for display accuracy or colour gamut that would give a better insight into or should I just have them printed well?

None of the above pad/ultrabooks are particularly low cost and I would like to keep some money towards good glass for my OM-D if possible:biggrin:

Thanks in advance for any help .

2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    iPad with retina is pretty cool... flicking through the pictures is a very tactile and 'human' way of looking at images. Syncing albums from iPhoto or Aperture is also very easy so you can select to show only the photos you want. Buy an Apple TV and you can stream them to a HDMI equipped TV for showing to bigger groups.

Actually any ipad is not bad at all for photos

K

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    although I now use android tablets I have to say the retina display iPad is the best tablet screen available. the others aren't awful though.

Gordon

4. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

I have Google's Nexus 7, and I've been pleased with it. I haven't made the comparison myself, but most reviewers give it high marks for image quality - not quite at the Retina level, but a contender.

5. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    iPad Retina, Best screen, best choice of Apps.

6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    I agree- the Retina display is awesome.... You see detail that you didn't know was there.

7. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Many thanks for the feedback. As I cannot stretch to a MacBook Pro it looks like process in Lightroom/Elements and just up load specific images to an iPad ( with Retina) for showing to third parties and get the SD adaptor for field proofing ( good job I already shoot in Raw + JPEG).

Does anyone know if it's possible to calibrate an iPad display or are they close to start with?

8. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh