1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best Minolta MD - M43 Adapter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chonbhoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    I have noticed that the Fotodiox adapter I have has about 2 degree play in it, I notice it more when a heavy lens is tripod mounted and the camera rotates under the pressure of the shutter button being depressed. It's a little off putting so I'd like to know what other peoples experience is with their adapters, is there any that are generally accepted as being made to high tolerances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    The K&F Concept adapters are generally the second highest quality I've seen (the highest being Redrock Micro which I use for Nikon to EOS, which are perfect down to the grubscrews to adjust the mount to perfectly square even if the lens is off) however I can't find if they make one for MD to m4/3. They do make one which is MA to m4/3 however.

I went through a few different ones adapting to EOS before I settled on K&F, their OM to EOS one is pretty damn good (no play, correct thickness, very well made).

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    I saw a K&F Concept adapter for sale on a site in Europe, but couldn't find one in the states.

I bought the Fotga adapter on Amazon. It works fine, but goes past infinity (as is typical). It has a small amount of rotational play on the camera mount, but does not move during normal operation with a 500 gram 135mm lens attached.
    The lens to adapter fit is quite tight fit, and there is no play there.

Barry