Best mini camera bag for the ep5 or epl5 with 2 lenses ?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by harryzgnilek, Jul 21, 2013.

1. harryzgnilek

harryzgnilek Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2013
    Sent from my SGH-T889V using Mu-43 mobile app

2. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

The Retrospective and Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Home are perfect for a M4/3 and couple lenses and flash. I own both bags and the only nitpick is they're small enough to be mistaken for a Murse. The larger versions look exactly the same but the size propels them into manly satchel/ammo bag territory.

The Billingham Hadley Small is a wee bit larger but also idea for M4/3 and sports a classic fishing bag look. My wife stole mine...

The Timbuk2 Snoop Xsmall looks like a wee bike messenger and is also ideal for M4/3:

Snoop Camera Messenger Bag | Protective Camera Bag - Timbuk2 Bags

3. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Just ordered a Think Tank MM 10...

I am hoping the Mirrorless Mover 10 will allow me to carry my E-P5 and one or two lenses comfortably. I also need enough room to tuck in my VF-4 and one extra battery.

Anyone already using the MM10? :polling:

Dan

4. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    I really enjoyed the ONA Bowery for a few months with my OMD, 17/1.8, 45/1.8, and iPad Mini. I added more kit and outgrew it, but for a m4/3 and 2 lenses, it's perfect.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ona+bowery

[​IMG]

5. harryzgnilek

Jul 19, 2013
    Do people really need the extra battery ? I get clise to 500 shots per x 2 cameras

6. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Not quire sure, but...

I have been stranded enough times having forgotten that the battery in my camera was already getting low on power. I just feel a little naked without a backup battery even if it needs to be carried in my pocket.

Dan

7. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    With my Nikon D300, no. With my E-PL5 or G3, almost always yes.

--Ken

8. harryzgnilek

Jul 19, 2013
    Always original oem battery or 3rd party?

9. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    depends on what lenses you use, in the past i've fitted oly body with 14-150 and a 20mm or 25mm with ease in the caselogic tbc-305 bag.

Amazon.com: Case Logic TBC-305 Camcorder Case (Black): Camera & Photo

if you also have a viewfinder attached, it will be a tougher fit.

I also always bring a spare battery just in case, and i've had good lucks with 3rd party so far.

10. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Last month I bought a Sterlingtrek BLS-1 clone as a spare and it overheated the first day out and nearly fried my E-P3. So now I use an OEM BLS-5 as spare. Each battery yields about 300 shots. In comparison, a single fresh LP-E3 in my 7D yields at least 1000 shots. So you really do need an extra battery or two for Oly M4/3. My GX1 even more so as I can only squeeze about 200 shots out it it.

11. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Billingham Hadley Small or Billingham L2 :smile:

12. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
  13. TetonTom

TetonTom Mu-43 Regular

I wish that I could get 500 shots with my EM-5! It would never occur to me to leave the house without a fully charged battery in place, and another fully charged battery in my bag. For something that weighs the same as a bic lighter or a pack of gum, I can't imagine running the risk...

14. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

ONA Bowery has become my small bag of choice...

15. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    These are all OEM batteries that I purchased new, or that came with the camera. The G3 is a bit better than the E-PL5 (and E-PL2), but the real issue is that the Oly battery gauges are almost useless. To paraphrase the auto world, they go from 60 to 0 is seconds flat! In alls eriousness, I have had the gauge tell me that a battery is full, and then have it die on me just a few shots later. Oly could learn a thing or two from my Nikon D300 battery guage. It is extremely accurate, if not overly conservative, and it drains in a linear fashion, as you would expect. Thankfully, the spare batteries are not too small, so I just assume that I should always carry a fully charged spare when I am out shooting.

--Ken

16. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    The Domke F-5XB. Small and comfy, plus very water proof in the rugged wear version. Love it.

17. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Depending on the lenses, you might try a Lowepro Streamline 100. I carry an E-PL2 with 2 lenses, bodycap lens, extra battery, extra card, and a VF-3.

18. hydro

hydro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Randy Hyde
    Agreed!

19. hydro

hydro Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2012
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Randy Hyde
    I can fit my OMD with 17mm attached plus kit 12-50 and 75-300, 2/3 extra batteries and charger. Tight fit but very handy.

20. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Like I'm sure many here, I've experimented with my share of bags in the search for the perfect bag for use with my mirrorless kit. My extensive sojourn eventually brought me to what I consider to be the best bag for my needs (a single OM-D body and combination of several lenses -- up to 4: 14, 20, 45, 7-14, 40-150): wait... wait... wait...
    Taaa-Dah! The Tamrac 5423 / Aria. Funny thing is that I think it's supposedly designed for women?!? :happy-084: Yeah. Whatever!

Anyway, what I like about the Aria is that it's well padded, has a zippered interior & exterior compartment in addition to a fully configurable interior AND in addition to a metal buckle securable outer flap, the bag can also be zippered shut (with the outer flap over it). Finally, the bag uses water resistant nylon material. For my on-the-go needs, the Aria is truly the ultimate bag for use with my M/43 kit! :bowdown: Retail price is $80 or there about.