Best lens for car show

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Nethers66, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Nethers66

Nethers66 New to Mu-43

Dec 15, 2010
    Hi all only recently joined the 4/3 community with my pen ep2. Mainly used for work (properties) before you ask I'm not an estate agent !

I'm off to Geneva in March for the motor show.

I have a selection of lens

Panasonic 20mm
    Olympus 9-18mm
    Olympus 14-42mm kit lens

In your opinions which lens/ lenses would be the most appropriate. I guess I could take all three but i don't want to keep switching to see whats best when i get there also I'm travelling very light.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Being an indoor event, even one well lit, I would have to lean towards the 20/1.7 for the bright aperture.

The 9-18 might be useful for interiors,but that's when you will more likely need the fast aperture something in the 40ish mm focal length might be nice for booth babe portraits ...

Personally, with the size of these lenses, I don't see why "traveling light" and "have the right lens with me" have to be mutually exclusive.
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    I would think the most useful lens if only 1 was allowed, would be the 14-42. It covers the range really well.....
    I'd take all 3 because I could and I break my own rules all the time....
  4. joele

joele Mu-43 Regular

Dec 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Personally for motor shows i like two kins of shots, wide and shallow dof.. So for me it would be the 20 + 9-18 out of your choices...