Best K Mount to mu43 adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by drd1135, Mar 25, 2011.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Hey folks,

I notice a number of folks use the Pentax K mount lenses, of which I have many. What appears to be a good adapter? There are a bunch of cheap ones ($15-25) on eBay but I know of at least one that won't focus to infinity. The Novoflex is much too expensive, especially since my lenses almost all have aperture rings. Thanks.
  2. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    It seems to be either Novoflex or take your chances. I bought an eBay cheapie ("Pixco" branded) without knowing the brand beforehand. It does focus to infinity, and slightly beyond, at the cost of two centimetres at the close end. You can't rely on the focus stop being infinity, but you can learn to adjust. In my case, the left hand 8 on the DOF indicator should be used as the focal distance index, and is correct across the entire range. This will vary from lens to lens and adapter to adapter.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    I have this adapter:

k-m4/3 adapter with aperture control for DA lenses

It works well, and is solidly built. It had no problem with infinity focus (like Brianetta said, most of these are made with a bit of play on the other end, I haven't really checked but it will likely go slightly past infinity rather than the other way around). It has a mechanical aperture control arm that will hold open/change the aperture on newer DA lenses that don't have an aperture ring. The only downside is that the mechanical aperture ring has to be used for lenses that do have an aperture ring as well (hope that made sense!). It does actually have light stops while turning the mechanical ring that will approximate full aperture stops (based on a loose visual comparison using my 43mm).

I actually sold my GH1 last month, but have been holding onto it in the event I end up buying another m4/3 camera somewhere down the road. I don't really have a need for it though, don't mean to turn this into a sale at all but I'd part with it for $20 - send me a PM if you're interested!