Best GH4 settings for video? (Weddings)

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by arke95, Apr 11, 2016.

1. arke95

arke95 New to Mu-43

Apr 9, 2016
    As above what's the best setting for a GH4 to record weddings. Also what's the best lens? I currently own Panasonic 12-35 2.8

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

2. Ramirez

Ramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2011
    I use GH4 together with 12-35 2.8; a great combination for recording weddings. This combination is my A-cam.
    I always record in 4K (UHD) as I am a one man band and always uses 4 cameras at weddings; 4K recording gives post-zooming without a quality drop as I export to HD.
    My GH4 is pointed towards the couple and my LX100 (my other 4K camera) is pointed towards the priest.
    Sony A7II and Nikon D610 is C- and D-cams (now I soon have OM-D E-M1 which will become my new D-Cam, Nikon retires to E-Cam). I use the HD cams as support as I cannot crop as much from them as the 4K cams. The most important stuff in the wedding is always taken cared of by my 4K cams.

GH4 settings for me: 25p (I´m in PAL-land), picture profile Cinelike V (if I want to have less done during post) Cinelike D (if I want to do more post processing).
    Rode mic on top of GH4.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.