Best fast wide angle lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Saelee, May 9, 2011.

1. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    I am looking for a fast wide angle lens for my EP1, something 15mm or wider. If I can afford the Panasonic 14mm I wouldn't be asking this question. :smile:

On ebay there are many cctv lens that fits my need but it is hard to know which is good and what is junk. I would like to spend under $100 for the lens as well. It does not matter which mount it is, I will get an adaptor.

Has anyone seen any wide angle lens out there?

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

wow , for under one hundred dollars you have created quite a challenge. To get a lens that would cover the same angle of view as the Panasonic 14mm you probably are looking at an adapted 10mm C-mount lens and cropping to the image circle.
    But i will get back to you in this later.

3. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    It does not need to be razor sharp, just not a "toy" lens type that I've seen. Basically I will use it for the dinner table lens.

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

well i looked around a little and from my notes there is nothing good in your price range. But for a compact 25 to 35mm there are plenty. If you buy any decent inexpensive 10mm C-mount which will cost close to a hundred, if your lucky you will only end up with a five or six megapixel crop that's close to a 15mm equivalent covering the whole 4/3 sensor giving the same angle of view.

That is the problem with wide angel lenses on this sensor. your not going to find a cheep one that covers the same angle of view as the native ones.

But keep looking around online and at auction places and always ask for a unedited photo example with the lens. You might get lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for the help.
    How much do you think I need to spend to get a decent lens?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.