1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best fast wide angle lens?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Saelee, May 9, 2011.

1. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    I am looking for a fast wide angle lens for my EP1, something 15mm or wider. If I can afford the Panasonic 14mm I wouldn't be asking this question. :smile:

On ebay there are many cctv lens that fits my need but it is hard to know which is good and what is junk. I would like to spend under $100 for the lens as well. It does not matter which mount it is, I will get an adaptor.

Has anyone seen any wide angle lens out there?

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

wow , for under one hundred dollars you have created quite a challenge. To get a lens that would cover the same angle of view as the Panasonic 14mm you probably are looking at an adapted 10mm C-mount lens and cropping to the image circle.
    But i will get back to you in this later.

3. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    It does not need to be razor sharp, just not a "toy" lens type that I've seen. Basically I will use it for the dinner table lens.

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

well i looked around a little and from my notes there is nothing good in your price range. But for a compact 25 to 35mm there are plenty. If you buy any decent inexpensive 10mm C-mount which will cost close to a hundred, if your lucky you will only end up with a five or six megapixel crop that's close to a 15mm equivalent covering the whole 4/3 sensor giving the same angle of view.

That is the problem with wide angel lenses on this sensor. your not going to find a cheep one that covers the same angle of view as the native ones.

But keep looking around online and at auction places and always ask for a unedited photo example with the lens. You might get lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saelee

Saelee Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks for the help.
    How much do you think I need to spend to get a decent lens?