best european shop to preorder the EM-5 ?

Fred49

Mu-43 Regular
I could order from BH , but shipping + duty can take some time and
i am more worried by the delay than by a small price gain.
I am leaving the 10th may for 2 weeks hiking + wild camping under a tarp in Scotland and a weatherproof camera would help.
( Last time when i did one week hiking in Scotland on the Cape wrath trail in the same season i had rain 24/24 for a complete week, and it was an hassle to protect my E420 , plastic bags are hard to dry when you get a wet camera in, and you dont see a dry place for a week)

applemint

Mu-43 Veteran
Jessops have them on pre-order (at £1149.95 which is full UK RRP) but don't give a shipping date (sometime in April 2012):
Olympus OM-D E-M5 12-50mm Kit in Silver - Jessops - Compact System Cameras

US (amazon.com pre-order) price is 1,299.99 USD = 821.62 GBP

Give it a week or two and lots of places should have them so you can compare - try places like Park Cameras, Jacobs and amazon.fr or .co.uk perhaps?

Enjoy Scotland! May is usually the driest month so you were really unlucky, but there are no guarantees of course. :biggrin:

This is what it looks like when the sun shines: :biggrin:
Stunning Scottish Scenery: Highlands, Islands, Mountains and Malt. - a gallery on Flickr
North West Scotland - a gallery on Flickr

Fred49

Mu-43 Regular
Europe shop

Thanks for the info, and for the links, those landscapes are really stunning.

my planned route :

Ordnance Survey Leisure getamap, ideal for route planning including walking routes, running routes and cycling routes

Ordnance Survey Leisure getamap, ideal for route planning including walking routes, running routes and cycling routes

I have hiked only twice in Scotland, both time in may, first one had sun every day, second one was 100% rain, but its definitly one of my favourite countries.
Unfortunatly i was still using a crap p&S on auto the first time.

a little more than 90 days to go now , a mix would be nice, i like photos when there is sun just after the rain.

Edit, only bad thing is the TGO is from west to east or i would have choosen Talisker distillery as the end of my hike.

applemint

Mu-43 Veteran
Oh, you are doing the TGO challenge - a friend is doing that this year, sounds like great fun. East to West would be good (walking towards the best scenery rather than away from it) and finishing with a celebratory whisky at the Talisker distillery would be great too! :biggrin:

But I guess most coast to coast UK walks are done West to East so that in theory the prevailing wind and weather is at your back?

Chris Townsend's blog and the Walk Highlands site/forum are good reads if you do not know of them already..

Chris Townsend Outdoors
Walkhighlands: Scotland walks and accommodation

By the way (going back on topic) :wink: SRS are taking pre-orders now too, as are Park Cameras apparently.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Cameras - Compact System Cameras - Page 1 - SRS Microsystems

Although I would imagine amazon uk/fr will follow soon and I would think that for you the price in Euros may be a bit cheaper rather than converting to pounds?

Fred49

Mu-43 Regular
Chris Townsend

I Have Chris Townsend "Scotland" Book, photos are smallish but there is a mine of info for hiking.
He went from using an E510 or 520 + 12-60 a few years ago to a nex 7 i think :p

As for what is cheaper, it was amazon.de that was by far for my 12mm and 45mm, but sometime new items are available sooner in the UK ( Thermarest W neoair Xlite is in stock in the UK, but i am still waiting for the one i preordered in France 2 months ago... )

Latest threads

Top Bottom