1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best Deal

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dbrantley13, May 24, 2012.

1. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    I recently acquired the somewhat unheard of (at least according to my less than comprehensive Google searching) Cosina Cosinon 50mm f/1.8 for all of $0.:cool:

With the help of a $15 Fotodiox m42 adapter, I'm pretty happy with this great lens.

I've included a few shots from my first day shooting with it, the shots aren't splendid but I think do a good job showcasing the (in my opinion) fantastic background effects of the lens. In the last shot, there's a very pronounced effect from the sunlight that I'm sure is not supposed to be a good thing, but I happen to like it.

What is the best deal you've stumbled upon for an adapted lens?

P5212895-1. [/url]

P5212990-2.

P5233018-3.

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Very interesting almost wild bokeh, but still pretty much acceptable for most tastes. I really like it. In the last photo the lens flare can make a shot or ruin it. The lens flare from this lens doesn't seem very appealing. But for the money, who can complain.

BTW, is that pooch a Wheaten?

Gary

3. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    It sure is. Not actually my dog but a close friend's who quickly became the subject of my camera.

From what I understand, Cosina is responsible for the lovable Voigtlander lenses of today. To me, the bokeh here seems somewhat similar to what I see in wide open shots with those lenses. This of course takes it to an extreme, and to pixel peepers is almost certainly not as impressive, but my lens was a tiny bit cheaper:biggrin:

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Your lens is okay ... but that dog is great.

Gary (my best friend is a Wheaten.)