1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Best Deal

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dbrantley13, May 24, 2012.

1. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    I recently acquired the somewhat unheard of (at least according to my less than comprehensive Google searching) Cosina Cosinon 50mm f/1.8 for all of $0.:cool: 

With the help of a $15 Fotodiox m42 adapter, I'm pretty happy with this great lens.

I've included a few shots from my first day shooting with it, the shots aren't splendid but I think do a good job showcasing the (in my opinion) fantastic background effects of the lens. In the last shot, there's a very pronounced effect from the sunlight that I'm sure is not supposed to be a good thing, but I happen to like it.

What is the best deal you've stumbled upon for an adapted lens?

P5212895-1. [/url]

P5212990-2.

P5233018-3.

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Very interesting almost wild bokeh, but still pretty much acceptable for most tastes. I really like it. In the last photo the lens flare can make a shot or ruin it. The lens flare from this lens doesn't seem very appealing. But for the money, who can complain.

BTW, is that pooch a Wheaten?

Gary

3. dbrantley13

dbrantley13 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2012
    It sure is. Not actually my dog but a close friend's who quickly became the subject of my camera.

From what I understand, Cosina is responsible for the lovable Voigtlander lenses of today. To me, the bokeh here seems somewhat similar to what I see in wide open shots with those lenses. This of course takes it to an extreme, and to pixel peepers is almost certainly not as impressive, but my lens was a tiny bit cheaper:biggrin:

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Your lens is okay ... but that dog is great.

Gary (my best friend is a Wheaten.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.