Best Buy Think GF6 Is Made of Gold

S

synthetictone

I was just browsing Best Buy's website to see if they had any good deals and found just the opposite...

GF6 with 14-42 is listed at $1932.59 here :eek:

That must be the special gold plated model that comes with a silk neck strap lol.

yakky

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Back in the dotcom days there was this place called "Netmarket" that offered a 200% price match guarantee and at the time my Mastercard offered 100%. I'd specifically surf the NetMarket site looking for overpriced items. My biggest score was a Fuji S1 that was $1000 more than the competitors, I ended up with that the camera for less than a grand, then promptly flipped it. Good times. Too bad best buy doesn't do that kind of price matching.

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Look closely ...

Marketplace Item
Sold & Shipped by: BVI

Reviews... on the best buy website

Seller Reviews
1 out of 5 "I have been trying to return a product for 3 WEEKS. The seller is always closed and has NEVER replied to my emails."
June 20, 2014 Rated by: Thump3r
5 out of 5 "item arrived as advertised in good condition and on time"
June 16, 2014 Rated by: zzzzzzzzzz
5 out of 5 "Well packed, very quick and on-time. Great service, would do it again."
June 2, 2014 Rated by: JeremyR
5 out of 5 "Good transaction. Merchandise arrived in perfect condition. Would recommend this seller."
May 26, 2014 Rated by: dcba
1 out of 5 "I called ahead of time to make sure that this TOKINA lens came with a USA warranty and was assured that it did. When it arrived it had an international warranty More »
April 24, 2014 Rated by: jfenton
1 out of 5 "I paid to have this shipped early and the shipment did not come and still has not came I want this order canceled"
April 21, 2014 Rated by: madedog
5 out of 5 "product arrived early and just what I ordered....couldn't ask for anything better"
March 26, 2014 Rated by: LittleBlue
1 out of 5 "Product arrived taped sealed but in very poor condition. Manufacturers box was beat up and worn badly. This is a gift, so I may have to rethink gifting it!"
March 24, 2014 Rated by: Mojeau
1 out of 5 "I recieved the wrong color camera. I was leaving the country in 5 days and asked them to expedite the correct camera and they would not accomodate. They More »
March 21, 2014 Rated by: DavidS
1 out of 5 "I ordered a lens, 5 days later I had no information regarding shipping. I emailed them many times and they never responded. Finally, the order was shown More »
March 8, 2014 Rated by: timmay

Sounds like a scam operation. BestBuy is pretty dumb to allow these types of retailers to advertise through their domain because you get exactly what the OP thinks.... that its a retail operation attached to the BB name.

S

synthetictone

I wasn't even aware that Best Buy was allowing third party sellers like Amazon. If you can't depend on the company name, might as well just shop Amazon or ebay. It is things like this that will put the nail in Best Buy's coffin soon to come.

Latest threads

Top Bottom