Best Buy Think GF6 Is Made of Gold

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by synthetictone, Jul 21, 2014.

1. synthetictone

synthetictone Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I was just browsing Best Buy's website to see if they had any good deals and found just the opposite...

GF6 with 14-42 is listed at $1932.59 here :eek:

That must be the special gold plated model that comes with a silk neck strap lol.
  2. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Maybe it's a different camera... GF stands for "Giant Format!"
  3. finerflower

finerflower Amin Fangrrl

Dec 11, 2013
    New Jersey (South)
    Hey - the shipping is FREE~ whoa
  4. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Back in the dotcom days there was this place called "Netmarket" that offered a 200% price match guarantee and at the time my Mastercard offered 100%. I'd specifically surf the NetMarket site looking for overpriced items. My biggest score was a Fuji S1 that was $1000 more than the competitors, I ended up with that the camera for less than a grand, then promptly flipped it. Good times. Too bad best buy doesn't do that kind of price matching.
  5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Look closely ...

Reviews... on the best buy website

Sounds like a scam operation. BestBuy is pretty dumb to allow these types of retailers to advertise through their domain because you get exactly what the OP thinks.... that its a retail operation attached to the BB name.
  6. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Dominican Republic
    They are confused and thought it was the GH4, lol. :tongue:
  7. synthetictone

synthetictone Mu-43 Regular

May 22, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I wasn't even aware that Best Buy was allowing third party sellers like Amazon. If you can't depend on the company name, might as well just shop Amazon or ebay. It is things like this that will put the nail in Best Buy's coffin soon to come.