1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best Buy selling Olympus Pen & GF2.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Chuck Pike, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I had read about Best Buy now selling Olympus Pen and Panasonic cameras, and as I was near a store I dropped in. The sales clerk knew about cameras, but didn't know about m 4/3 or at least didn't know the name of that format. We talked while, and when we went to where they had a Pen camera, she spotted the GF2 and said that they must have placed that there the night before. Thing is, they only have the 14-200mm lens in stock for the GF2, and I am not that up on the Olympus lens but it only had a similar zoom in stock for it. As she pointed out the GF2 didn't look all that small with that 14-200 zoom attached. I told her that once she saw a 20mm lens she would change her mind.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    Yes, I saw one thre as well. What I would like to see here is images produced with that camera and some feedback.
    It seems that no one is using the GF2
    Pap

3. hellomrmoon

hellomrmoon Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    Best Buy has been carrying m4/3 for a while now. When I used to work there we carried the E-PL1 and E-P1, but had to fight to be able to stock it, so all locations may not be stocking m4/3.

Earlier this year Best Buy's website had a refurbished E-P1 + 17mm 2.8 kit for $350!

4. IIGQ4U

IIGQ4U Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    La Jolla CA
    There is a GF2 thread in the Panasonic area of this site. People don't post frequently but there are plenty of examples. I will be sure to upload additional photos shortly.