1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Best Buy selling Olympus Pen & GF2.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Chuck Pike, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I had read about Best Buy now selling Olympus Pen and Panasonic cameras, and as I was near a store I dropped in. The sales clerk knew about cameras, but didn't know about m 4/3 or at least didn't know the name of that format. We talked while, and when we went to where they had a Pen camera, she spotted the GF2 and said that they must have placed that there the night before. Thing is, they only have the 14-200mm lens in stock for the GF2, and I am not that up on the Olympus lens but it only had a similar zoom in stock for it. As she pointed out the GF2 didn't look all that small with that 14-200 zoom attached. I told her that once she saw a 20mm lens she would change her mind.

Images for books, magazines and calendars | photosbypike

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pap

Pap Mu-43 Regular

Jun 16, 2010
    Fleetwood, PA
    Yes, I saw one thre as well. What I would like to see here is images produced with that camera and some feedback.
    It seems that no one is using the GF2
    Pap

3. hellomrmoon

hellomrmoon Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2011
    California
    Best Buy has been carrying m4/3 for a while now. When I used to work there we carried the E-PL1 and E-P1, but had to fight to be able to stock it, so all locations may not be stocking m4/3.

Earlier this year Best Buy's website had a refurbished E-P1 + 17mm 2.8 kit for $350!

4. IIGQ4U

IIGQ4U Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    La Jolla CA
    There is a GF2 thread in the Panasonic area of this site. People don't post frequently but there are plenty of examples. I will be sure to upload additional photos shortly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.