1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Best Buy selling E-M10 not Newer E-M10II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CWRailman, Nov 29, 2015.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I visited the Best Buy in Scottsdale Arizona yesterday and was surprised to see they did not have the E-M10II but were still selling the E-M10 with kit zoom for $449. They did have the E-M5II.

2. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    I've been surprised by that as well. I stopped in a few times thinking I might get a look at one before deciding on whether or not to get one.

3. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I have never seen Oly stuff in any of the Best Buy stores I have been to. It is good that at least some are carrying the brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    That is very interesting. I thought they carried them in all their stores. Actually the Best Buy in Scottsdale has a much wider range of consumer, photo enthusiast cameras priced up to around $2500 than the local full service camera stores. Not so much on lenses though. In this store they carry Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Fuji, Sony, Panasonic and a few others but no Pentax. I purchased my first E-M10 and two lens kit from them earlier this year and they provided me quick service when the body developed a problem and I needed an exchange. I was impressed! You can see on their WEB site what brands they offer though I know that at times, there are deals in the store that are not listed on their WEB site.

5. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I have seen high end Nikon and Canon cameras at some of the Best Buy stores in my area. Never Olympus though. Being that you live in Scottsdale I assume you have been to Tempe Camera. I spent a TON of money at that store when I lived out there.

6. CWRailman

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Yes, I do get to Tempe Camera about once a month for my "fix". I have had some interesting conversations with both the sales staff as well as some of the customers. Sadly, they are about the only "true" camera store left in the valley. While they do carry a good selection of Olympus, they do not carry Panasonic. REALLY nice folks and a definite stop for anyone who is visiting the Valley and is interested in Photography.

• Like Like x 1
  7. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    We have what (according to the camera lead) is a camera center in one of our local BestBuy. It might actually be given the almost full line of Nikon, Canon, Fuji, and Sony bodies. But even they just have the E-M10 mkI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Olympus did pull back the EM10 II to fix that problem with the mount. They only re-released it in mid-November. It's possible the supply chain hasn't caught up. It's also possible that they are dumping EM10 kits. $449 is a very competitive price.

9. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Stick with shopping for photo equipment at B&H or Adorama for the best prices, no shipping, and no sales tax. Even a deal at Olympus USA still has sales tax attached.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    True, but the 20% for today was nice from GetOlympus

11. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    I was about to opt for an Olympus 14-150 II from B & H, but my e-mail chirped at about 1 am this morning with the 20% deal on a refurbished one and couldn't resist.........saved over $100 from B & H, even with the tax.

12. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    You bet. I took $70 off the price and paid $13 tax.

13. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The camera sections at all our local Best BUy stores is getting pretty depressing. Used to be like 1/4 the store and occupy the whole central section and have maybe 100-150 different camera models.. Not that has been torn down and replaced with a big section of speakers and headphones. Cameras are a tiny kiosk with maybe a dozen DSLR, a couple Sony E-mount and a dozen or so compacts. I think the GoPro section is bigger than the mirrorless section.

Just the state of the industry, I guess. 2000-2010 was the digital camera boom. Most people don't want to carry a separate camera anymore.

14. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Yes, the local shop for Creve Coeur Camera (a regional chain out of St. Louis, Mo.) only carries Olympus as well. I guess, the smaller shops don't want to carry too much of what they see as 'the same thing', so I speculate that the greater name recognition of Olympus carries the day over Panasonic. I do note that their internet sales page carries Panasonic, so I assume their main, 'home' store carries it as well.

The guys at the local CC Camera shop are pretty helpful, and the amount of 'stuff' they carry is fairly decent. This shop has only been open for 2-3 years or so. It is the only camera shop in Springfield, after the last one closed up 40 years ago or so. I wonder if we are seeing a resurgence of the Brick and mortar stores?

• Like Like x 2
  15. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
  16. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    My wife and I were just at the main store in Creve Coeur this past weekend. My wife fell in love with the 14-42 EZ lens so we traded her 14-42r in and got her the EZ. She also picked up a Lowepro Slingshot III or something. Would not have been my choice but she likes it.
    I was very impressed with CC camera. Their folks were very helpful and knowledgeable. They had the entire Olympus line and I think the Panasonic line as well.

17. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    They were great folks and very helpful.