Best Buy Now Carrying Panasonic GF2

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Best Buy seems to be expanding their "compact system camera" offerings and will now be selling the <a href="">Panasonic GF2</a>" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />
    alongside <a href="">Sony NEX</a>[img]" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> and <a href="">Olympus PEN</a>[img]" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> cameras in US stores.

The G2 and GH2 are not currently carried by Best Buy, and according to one of our new sources, those cameras will not be sold in Best Buy stores in the US.

Best Buy is an important retail outlet for the mainstream market to get their hands on these cameras. It's good to see Panasonic in the mix with Olympus and Sony.

Link to GF2 at [url=]Panasonic - Lumix GF2 12.1-Megapixel DSLR Camera with 14-42mm Lens - Black - DMC-GF2KK[/url]
    • Like Like x 2
  2. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Best Buy and Future Shop in Canada are also carrying the GF2 at $100 more than the US price. Bummer! We're getting screwed up North.
  3. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    I heard the quite the opposite for GH2. My friend works at best buy. He said they received the GH2 in the store already but did not get a chance to open it yet. They will put it on display very soon. Next time I stop by the store I'll ask him to show it to me. By that time the GH2 might already be on display.

I dont remember the sale date he mentioned. Unfortunately i was not paying attention to details. I'll try to find out. It might be on display starting today. My friend works in the camera department and is part time photographer so I doubt he confused the GH2 with another camera.
  4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Lenses too?
  5. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Heard something similar too. Training videos were in the making for Best Buy employees on the GH2, so I would assume they are getting it sooner or later.
  6. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    this is a negative at the best buy in my city. didn't see it today. I did end up with some overpriced headphones though.