1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

best adapter for OM lenses?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by eviebee, Jun 21, 2010.

1. eviebee

eviebee New to Mu-43

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new here. I am sorry if this topic has already been posted, I looked back through the pages and didn't see it, but I might have missed it.
    I have a Pen EP-1 and I want to use some older OM lenses. Any thoughts on who makes the best adapter?
    I saw olympus makes their own for about $165, and I found one by Kipon on Adorama for about $50. Is one better than the other? Are there other better ones out there?
    Thanks!

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I recently bought a Chinese version on eBay. Seems to be well made and does the job. It is a mechanical device only (no electrics) so as long as the fit is tight it will do the job. An eBay search will bring up lots of items around the $35 mark. The pictures look very similar and I suspect there are more sellers than manufacturers.

3. I have 3 OM adapters.

I bought the chi-chi Olympus one first, but it is -so- tight on the lens, I figured I would need another one, so I wouldn't be taking it off the lens each time. In fact, it's so tight that I wouldn't trust taking the lens off while the adapter is on the camera, for fear of damaging the camera itself (!)

So I bought 2 more - a $35 noname on eBay, and a $40 Fotodiox on Amazon:
    Amazon.com: Fotodiox Olympus OM Lens to Micro 4/3 Four Thirds System Camera…

I actually ordered the noname first, but it took a long time to come in from China, so I ordered the Fotodiox in the meantime. (Amazon's 2-day delivery is awesome.)

Bottom line:

1) The noname is just as tight as the Olympus. Each of those is dedicated to a lens now.

2) The Fotodiox is great. Just tight enough to hold the lens well, just loose enough to take the lens off & put another one on without pulling the adapter off the camera. In fact, all of my other adapters (FD, AI, etc.) are now Fotodiox.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.