Bergamot Station Arts Center, Santa Monica, CA

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zpuskas, Jan 29, 2012.

1. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    For those living in SoCal FYI...
    Yesterday I went to Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, I haven't been here for several years so coming back was a treat. Here's what's going on:
    Peter Fetterman Gallery...Jerry Uelsmann (about 15 prints) and a Finnish photographer Pentti Sammallahti (about 40 prints)...both through March 1.
    Project A7 Gallery..."Contemporary Korean Photography" and "Flipside: Australian Photography".
    dnj Gallery..."Brassai and Other Vintage Noir Photographers" includes images by Cartier-Bresson, Robert Doisneau, Andre Kertesz and others. Also, Helen K. Garber, "Encaustic Noir" a selection of her photo based works using beeswax, etc.
    Also visited about 12 other galleries---paintings, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, etc-- and saw lots of stuff I have no idea anyone would want.

I stopped into the Hiromi Paper International store and bought some "Fine Japanese Digital Printing Paper" that are 100% acid free and archival. They are suitable for ink-jet, laser printers and copy machines. I haven't used these before, and I don't have a high-end printer, so I'm interested in the effects.

It was a fine day and I hope to return again sooner than several years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.