Bergamot Station Arts Center, Santa Monica, CA

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zpuskas, Jan 29, 2012.

1. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    For those living in SoCal FYI...
    Yesterday I went to Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, I haven't been here for several years so coming back was a treat. Here's what's going on:
    Peter Fetterman Gallery...Jerry Uelsmann (about 15 prints) and a Finnish photographer Pentti Sammallahti (about 40 prints)...both through March 1.
    Project A7 Gallery..."Contemporary Korean Photography" and "Flipside: Australian Photography".
    dnj Gallery..."Brassai and Other Vintage Noir Photographers" includes images by Cartier-Bresson, Robert Doisneau, Andre Kertesz and others. Also, Helen K. Garber, "Encaustic Noir" a selection of her photo based works using beeswax, etc.
    Also visited about 12 other galleries---paintings, mixed media, sculpture, ceramics, etc-- and saw lots of stuff I have no idea anyone would want.

I stopped into the Hiromi Paper International store and bought some "Fine Japanese Digital Printing Paper" that are 100% acid free and archival. They are suitable for ink-jet, laser printers and copy machines. I haven't used these before, and I don't have a high-end printer, so I'm interested in the effects.

It was a fine day and I hope to return again sooner than several years.