Benro C38F Monopod

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by noelh, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Normally lug around a Benro C-069M8 tripod. It's light, compact and has been reliable. But... Missed another photo op due to the fumble time of setting up the tripod. My resident Pileated Woodpecker has eluded me all this winter. And this spring trip involves a journey across 8 time zones. Fear of delayed (4 airports, 3 different airlines) or lost luggage plus I prefer to travel as light as possible means no checked luggage. Every cubic cm and gram counts.

Broke down and placed an order for a Benro C38F monopod. Compact at ~0.5m, light at ~0.5kg,4 sections and tall enough for me(short person). Not sure if I'm going to like shooting using a mono vs. tripod. So I compromised on a mid priced unit. Couple concerns. 1st is the "Swivel Pod Foot". Looks to be attached by 3/8" threaded post. Anyone use one of these monopods with the foot? Wondering how effective it is on hard slippery surfaces like ice, soft surfaces like sand? 2nd is the TSA issue of carrying on a monopod?

2. Declan97

Declan97 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Padang, Indonesia
    For different surface I've seen benro had several type of 'finger' down at the bottom of the pod.

Today I just narrow down my tripod hunt from manfrotto 7303 to benro a1681tbo the 'tri-mono'pod in one.

Having up to 8kg (max) and can be monopod wherever the situation need it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using EP-L1